corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU Car Insurance Ruling

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU Car Insurance Ruling
emicen

User status: Offline
1st Mar 11 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12600284

No longer going to be allowed to offer women cheaper car insurance. Not a great victory for men really though, bet ours won't decrease by much in reciprocation!
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv always thought it as sex discrimination

quotes should be set on an individual level
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when women say they want the same wage as men i always say you have cheaper car insurance so you can have less pay too, now what will i do

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
_Allan_

1st Mar 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but as it won't affect mens premiums all it's gonna do is increase is her premium. Not so good for a joint account
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell her to pay it out of her own account

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Fonz
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

surely if it is based on an individual and the facts are given for the quote to be produced (age, driving experience, area, car details) then sex comes into this??

if sex is taken out of the equation of producing a quote surely this is messing with the format of insurance which is based on risk??

factually women are less likely to cost insurance companies money, and when they do it cost less than a payout from a male driver. so why should they not get cheaper insurance?

you take a 28 yr old who has been driving for 10 years, with no accidents, no claims and full NCD available, and compare the risk of that driver against another 28 year old driver who has been driving 2 years who has been in a minor accident and insurer would deem the risk is lower for the experienced driver and thus can justify lower premiums to that driver.

this is seen in that BBC article, twins, male and female and he gets quoted over £3k twice that of his sister!!

insurance is based on risk, and as much as i disagree with the large gap in premiums between the sexes, particularly for young, inexperienced drivers; in my opinion an insurer has the right to offer premiums based on the perceived risk based on the information available.
emicen

1st Mar 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is unfair it is swayed so massively with no evidence. I know some attrocious male and female drivers, difference being the girls tend to rub the car off things parking etc which don't merit an insurance claim, the guys tend to barrel roll it through a shop

But before they've had a chance to prove themselves its unfair to say they are a higher risk simply because they are male. Statistics also bear out the fact that coloured people are more likely to rape and middle aged white men are more likely to kiddy fiddle, try descriminating on that basis and see if it would be accepted!

Regarding equality, both sides always want it until it doesn't suit them e.g. "Oh I only paid for 1/5th of the house so that's all I'll take in the divorce..." / "its ok I pay more for xyz I earn more for the same job..."
chrisritch

1st Mar 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Atleast the cunting Sheilas Wheels advert may die, Women make the safest drivers but we wont save any fivers
pow
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer

1st Mar 11 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Do you have your planes insured mate?
Robbo

1st Mar 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/women's-car-insurance-to-cost-same-as-a-drunk%2c-blindfolded-monkey's-201103013586/

adiohead

1st Mar 11 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck you, women! FUCK YOU ALL!
shaned12345

1st Mar 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What tit head managed this? Its only gonna make things worse! Mens premiums wont come down, so all thats gonna happen is the girls will come crying to us that they cant afford to pay the extra, thus making us blokes lose again to help pay theirs.
Only makes things worse, not better in any way.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 11 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There seems to be a general view that young men's premiums will fall a little, perhaps up to 10%, but young women's will rise more, perhaps up to 30%.

Now I'm no mathematician but is anyone clear how the prices are currently disparate and set to become equal, why they do not change in the same proportion?
Ben G

1st Mar 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad it's happened tbh.

a bloke put his details in on an online quote and all he did was change from male to female (same name/age/address/details etc) and it halved his insurance quote.

considering i've had 2 women rear end me in 2 years, i'd say they aren't the safest drivers on the road in my eyes.
Ben G

1st Mar 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaned12345
What tit head managed this? Its only gonna make things worse! Mens premiums wont come down, so all thats gonna happen is the girls will come crying to us that they cant afford to pay the extra, thus making us blokes lose again to help pay theirs.
Only makes things worse, not better in any way.

women wanted equal pay, well now they can pay their extortionate car insurance premiums like us bloke have had to.

fuck shiela, fuck diamond.
scoob
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet they just put womens insurance up to level with mens money grabbing cunts
John

1st Mar 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were any of the actual stats looked at before reaching this decision?

If women were genuinely a better risk for the insurance company surely that's not discrimination
richc

1st Mar 11 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

If women were genuinely a better risk for the insurance company surely that's not discrimination

But the crazy world we live in, we have to be 'equal'.

Imagine if they turned around and said ' Sorry sir, your black so your insurance is 3000' Instead of the £1500 for your white counter part'. The industry would be grind to a halt by police/lawyers etc untill the issue would be sorted.

But as said. I dont think its going to make mens cheaper, its going to put womens up, making the companys more money

Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 11 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish they would discriminate on useful things like whether you pay attention while you're driving a car.

No one's ever asked me that.
Twitch

1st Mar 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by John

But the crazy world we live in, we have to be 'equal'.

Imagine if they turned around and said ' Sorry sir, your black so your insurance is 3000' Instead of the £1500 for your white counter part'. The industry would be grind to a halt by police/lawyers etc untill the issue would be sorted.

But as said. I dont think its going to make mens cheaper, its going to put womens up, making the companys more money

in luton they do say that. i know so many people who's insurances is high because of the fact they live in lu3 or lu1 but in lu4 its fine lol
emicen

1st Mar 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
There seems to be a general view that young men's premiums will fall a little, perhaps up to 10%, but young women's will rise more, perhaps up to 30%.

Now I'm no mathematician but is anyone clear how the prices are currently disparate and set to become equal, why they do not change in the same proportion?

The man's premium is higher than the woman's. If they changed by the same percent the man's would come down a greater number of £s than the womans.

Fag packet numbers:
Mans premium @ £100 - 10% = £90
Womans premium @ £70 + 10% = £77
Womans premium @ £70 + 30% = £91

Would suggest there is currently a 30%ish disparity
Eck
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck women in the face.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 11 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah
sc0ott

1st Mar 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woman belong in the kitchen and the master bedroom, not on our roads.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU Car Insurance Ruling 23 database queries in 0.0163951 seconds