corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uncleaned the car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uncleaned the car
mantamark

User status: Offline
5th Mar 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, some people will know the plight i've had owning this car, its done a massive 600 miles in 4 years of ownership, its onto its 3rd engine, but i think we've got it right with this one, soooo much better buying one that i know has had the work done its supposed to have!

Anyways, i've always been a bit weary about driving, as due to history, things have gone wrong.

Today i cannoned caution to the wind, and went for it.

Started off in my native land, Blyth, Northumberland. Drove over to Hartside Cafe, then from there through to Pooley Bridge, Glenridding, Kirkstone pass, Windermere then home.

200 miles, 4 hours (with lots of stops for food, pics & gerneral scenery taking-inery), she averaged 32mpg on vpower & didnt miss a beat.

This is the route...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ne243qd&daddr=Alston+CA9+3BW+to:Pooley+Bridge,+Penrith+to:Glenridding,+Penrith+to:Windermere+to:Glenridding,+Penrith+to:ca93bw+to:ne243qd&geocode=FenkSAMdBPzo_ylF6hWrXW1-SDHRmR0KMhq0qg%3BFbjlQwMdMg3a_yk7PFPjX6t9SDGJf6eQcUmpTQ%3BFWxSQQMdWQDV_ylXMNN6JOV8SDHWgS074QWPkQ%3BFX5IQAMd2tzS_ynxmHbLWOh8SDHHRUWxszsokQ%3BFQbJPQMddKLT_yk5Ab50RZN8SDF5W7sRFhx_0Q%3BFX5IQAMd2tzS_ynxmHbLWOh8SDHHRUWxszsokQ%3BFbjlQwMdMg3a_yk7PFPjX6t9SDGJf6eQcUmpTQ%3BFenkSAMdBPzo_ylF6hWrXW1-SDHRmR0KMhq0qg&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=54.713173,-2.228115&sspn=0.818695,2.469177&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=54.761086,-2.026978&spn=0.817734,2.469177&z=9

Some cracking stretches of road, and not many people on them.

Only time i had any problem was going from pooley Bridge along to Glenridding, where its really twisty & i got stuck behind a line of people following a motorhome doing 20mph.

Oh, and on the way home when a biker came round the corner on my side of the road, overtaking a car, thankfully i swerved, skidded, slid & just bumped onto the grass verge, no damage.

Anyways, i say uncleaned the car, as it is totally minging now, and i must clean it tomorrow (if the weather holds out)

Few pics from the day...

View from Hartside Cafe...

Can't wait to get out again, but unsure where to go next time, perhaps a blast into Scotland....

[Edited on 05-03-2011 by mantamark]

[Edited on 05-03-2011 by mantamark]
SeanXE

5th Mar 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would love the roads up here if you think that's nice
mantamark

5th Mar 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant get the route to work :/
Alex_Rally

5th Mar 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice treck pal. northumberland is a lush place .
nowt better than getting put up there.... well if its snowing its a twat lol i work just past morpeth and getting there from gateshead when its chucking it down with snow isnt fun.
mantamark

5th Mar 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Route now working!

Northumberland has some nice scenic roads, as does cumbria, cracking views all around, just a shame what a state they are getting allowed to get to.
SeanXE

5th Mar 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What skirts are they?
Corsa_Scotty

5th Mar 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very Nice indeed mate. Looks like a fun car to drive on them roads Slightly off topic but what indicators do you have in your morettes?
smcGSI16V

5th Mar 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love your car.
brebaz

5th Mar 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seen you today, car looked lush pal

going down the a69, i was going the other way, and just behind you was a nice purple nissan gtr

i live near were them pictures are

[Edited on 05-03-2011 by brebaz]
mantamark

5th Mar 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys.

Skirts are Zender, same as spoiler.

Indicators are bike ones, hidden in inner lamp space behind mesh.

Brebaz, didnt see you mate, was it morning or afternoon? Cant remember any GTR either, though i dont often pay attention to whats going on outside!
brebaz

5th Mar 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was about 2 or 3ish, the gtr was a few mile behind you not like right up your arse haha

[Edited on 05-03-2011 by brebaz]
mantamark

5th Mar 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, on the way back, i had a headache by then so deffo wasnt paying attention!
brebaz

5th Mar 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha

this is the gtr that i seen

was going about 100
mantamark

5th Mar 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, i may have seen him going the other way not long before!
mwg

5th Mar 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was up Kirkstone Pass yesterday! It was nice and quiet so I was seeing what the Mini could do! Got it up to 100 going past Kirkstone Pass Inn
You should of pulled in to this car park, get a nice view down to Ullswater

There is another really good pass in the Lakes called Honister Pass. You should go up there next time you are over this way.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last pic in the OP, would make good hdr
mantamark

5th Mar 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mwg, i did pull in there!

But went in the huff as i bottomed out, then i went to turn the car around to get a pic of it the other way round from yours, and the rarb hit a rock & made me cringe, so i left.

The other people in the car park were just staring at me

Steve, i thought that, but then i realised when i got in i had it set on jpeg, not raw, i quite like the one infront of the inn.
Mieran

5th Mar 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have been fun.

Still want to sell it or keeping it?
mantamark

5th Mar 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably advertise it, use it now & then till i get the price i want for it.

Will be hard not to buy things for it though.
Rich H

5th Mar 11 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pics and nice car. Wish there were roads like that darn Sarf to enjoy blatting the Mini about on!
SRI-LEE

6th Mar 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live around half an hour from all those roads
cool pics car looks great cant wait to drive my car up there especially in the summer its lovely!
mwg

6th Mar 11 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
Mwg, i did pull in there!

But went in the huff as i bottomed out, then i went to turn the car around to get a pic of it the other way round from yours, and the rarb hit a rock & made me cringe, so i left.

The other people in the car park were just staring at me

its not the best for low cars, something under the front of my car just and so caught as I pulled in ,no damage though. There was only my car there when I went in. I was doing that route in the opposite direction to you. Only caught one car all the way along that road!

Here's where Honister Pass is Keswick to Honister Pass have a look on street view at what the road is like between points B & C, its awesome!
mantamark

6th Mar 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awsome mate, think i'll do a loop as i'm not a fan of driving, then turning round & coming back the same way (as i found out on sat)

Looks like this could be interesting...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Keswick&daddr=Honister+Pass+to:Buttermere+to:lorton+to:Keswick&hl=en&geocode=FbwiQQMd_iTQ_yn5DgV6R8J8SDGNQXKFM-T9xQ%3BFT_dPwMdDgvP_yljGnermMV8SDFQwAJBbqLwuA%3BFW89QAMdiQfO_ymNG4o8uc98SDFZXUH_Hslukw%3BFQKUQQMdd23N_yn5upkiU9B8SDG-DE5_YewbgA%3BFbwiQQMd_iTQ_yn5DgV6R8J8SDGNQXKFM-T9xQ&mra=ls&sll=54.555938,-3.201141&sspn=0.102733,0.308647&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by mantamark]
mantamark

6th Mar 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just worked out next weekends mission :D

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ne243qd&daddr=ca93bw+to:penrith+to:glenridding+to:Windermere+to:keswick+to:honister+pass+to:buttermere+to:lorton+to:keswick+to:penrith+to:ca93bw+to:ne243qd&geocode=FenkSAMdBPzo_ylF6hWrXW1-SDHRmR0KMhq0qg%3BFbjlQwMdMg3a_yk7PFPjX6t9SDGJf6eQcUmpTQ%3BFdMlQgMdVvbV_ylJOAtnkFV8SDFO-2tKJsrbRQ%3BFX5IQAMd2tzS_ynxmHbLWOh8SDHHRUWxszsokQ%3BFQbJPQMddKLT_yk5Ab50RZN8SDF5W7sRFhx_0Q%3BFbwiQQMd_iTQ_yn5DgV6R8J8SDGNQXKFM-T9xQ%3BFT_dPwMdDgvP_yljGnermMV8SDFQwAJBbqLwuA%3BFW89QAMdiQfO_ymNG4o8uc98SDFZXUH_Hslukw%3BFQKUQQMdd23N_yn5upkiU9B8SDG-DE5_YewbgA%3BFbwiQQMd_iTQ_yn5DgV6R8J8SDGNQXKFM-T9xQ%3BFdMlQgMdVvbV_ylJOAtnkFV8SDFO-2tKJsrbRQ%3BFbjlQwMdMg3a_yk7PFPjX6t9SDGJf6eQcUmpTQ%3BFenkSAMdBPzo_ylF6hWrXW1-SDHRmR0KMhq0qg&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=54.549766,-2.954636&sspn=0.205498,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=54.73255,-2.315369&spn=0.818311,2.469177&t=h&z=9

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by mantamark]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uncleaned the car 22 database queries in 0.0867550 seconds