corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Medical Day: Migranes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Medical Day: Migranes
thegsi

User status: Offline
6th Mar 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just trying to gauge some feedback and opinions of headaches and migranes. For around 2 years, I have suffered with heavy pain above my right eye but it's not like a normal headache and it comes with some strange effects:

- I only ever get them on the weekends or every other (when my work sleep pattern changes)
- Tablets dont touch it. If I catch it early and take one, it reduces it slightly but pain is still there
- I dont usually get sickness like a proper migrane but its more intense than a headache

I've been to the doctors a few times and had tests etc. and they're convinced its all the tell tale signs of a Migrane. I've tried paracetamol, Migraleve, ibuprofen, codine, co-codamol and am now trying herbal remedies.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to get bad migranes myself

is it due to lack of sleep?
Ben G

6th Mar 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cousin has bad migraines for years, finally went to the doctor and had to have an operation of some sort iirc.

don't have a clue what it was called, but he says it's a lot better now.
Edd

6th Mar 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suffer from migraines

light is my trigger so summer is normally worse for me, sleep in a dark room the only remedy
JadeM
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum suffered from them for years, over the counter remedies were useless. Eventually the doc prescribed medication and it worked she just takes a pill when the symptoms start. Go back to your GP.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had immigran (sp) worked but only if you caught it early

what are your early warning signs of getting one? mine was an itchy eye brow
GTM

6th Mar 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sympathy for anyone that gets migranes on a regular basis. Only ever had one and it was vile. Sick dizzy and the pain was insane.

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by GTM]
Steve
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sleep apnea
thegsi

6th Mar 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

If I wake up with a hazey, dull ache above my right eye, I know that I'm gonna have one for the rest of the day. Like I say, if I take a tablet at that instant, the pain is just about bareable so I can carry on with my day but if I dont, Im bed bound until I can sleep it off.
I dont think its lack of sleep. I get 7-8 hours a night in the week and thats sound. If I sleep in and over sleep, I tend to be more prone to getting one
BluKoo

6th Mar 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sometimes get retinal migranes.

No pain, but I go semi-blind in one eye.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

If I wake up with a hazey, dull ache above my right eye, I know that I'm gonna have one for the rest of the day. Like I say, if I take a tablet at that instant, the pain is just about bareable so I can carry on with my day but if I dont, Im bed bound until I can sleep it off.
I dont think its lack of sleep. I get 7-8 hours a night in the week and thats sound. If I sleep in and over sleep, I tend to be more prone to getting one

sleep apnea isnt lack of sleep, well it is, but you arent aware, its your body waking out of the deepest part of sleep but you arent physically aware and feel likes youve slept all night

do you suffer from snoring?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it also can reduce the supply of oxygen to the brain, hence the possibility of it causing the headaches
Cole

6th Mar 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know how you feel I have exactly the same thing except above my left eye got one now as it happens I have them every day sometimes puts me nearly in tears because of the pain. I've been to the docs had tests went to the opticians and was referred to the opthomologist who done tests and told me my eyes were perfect so now i am back to the docs for more tests next week and see where we go from there.
mart08uk

6th Mar 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had them regular from about 16 - 18 years old and now quite rare.. Had them bad though couldn't see in one eye and terrible headarch and sick feeling. Tell tale sign of having one was when looking at someones face i couldn't see their nose. Both my brothers had similar whilst growing up too! strange.
thegsi

6th Mar 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm strange. I dont think I snore, well no one's every told me I have anyway. I've been a 'funny' sleeper since a young age. Used to sleep walk and have terrible nightmares when I was half concious and half asleep. I was aware that I was having dillusions but could never wake myself out of it
sc0ott

6th Mar 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get really bad migranes where i would start to see a little pattern that would constantly move and after 5 mins anything i looked directly at i couldnt see because of this blurred moving pattern spot. It would then give me a sore as fuck head and eyes.
LoudandProud

6th Mar 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to get the same thing, they can be a side effect of a dairy allergy, i have cut it out and been fine ever since, do u pull muscles easy? get acid reflux much?
thegsi

6th Mar 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Acid reflux? Is that as in stomach acid? Err no dont really but muscles to be honest however I do suffer with a bad back from my job
Cole

6th Mar 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoudandProud
i used to get the same thing, they can be a side effect of a dairy allergy, i have cut it out and been fine ever since, do u pull muscles easy? get acid reflux much?

See now I get all of that and I eat a lot of cheese everyday infact and I drink a lot of milk I also suffer from acid reflux quite bad i suffer from reflux in general have done since a child I don't want to cut out my cheese I love it lol
sand-eel

6th Mar 11 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get proper PROPER ones, that made you think/ see weird things and I would spew a lot, i've found maybe sleeping too much does it or bright lights/ bright objects (ie ages ago at school constantly looking at white paper would start it) think i've grown out of it now as haven't had one in ages but will stiil get more at some point
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get these quite often. The sign for me is i go half blind in one eye and then if I don't take a paracetamol then i'm useless for the rest of the day.

If i catch it early like you say it is just about bearable.

The only "cure" that I have found is just to sleep, nothing else seems to be strong enough to beat the pain.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Norcy91

6th Mar 11 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates recently been complaining of really bad headaches throughout the day, nearly everyday. He went to see his doctor, did some tests, has to go back for more tests to see if they've got better, if not he could end up having surgery. Something to do with sinuses apparently?
mart08uk

6th Mar 11 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A girl at uni has to wear a mouth guard when she has one.. something about breaking her teeth in her sleep
sand-eel

7th Mar 11 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
Something to do with sinuses apparently?

Aye your airways go across the top of your eyes, can become swolen and press your nerves thus producing a head ache.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Mar 11 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get them badly. Had daily medicine to take for years and had a scan to try and find the cause etc.

I found out myself over time that Chocolate was the trigger for mine and also light. I cut chocolate out of my diet for a few years and bought some decent sun glasses.

The pain is immense though, your eyes feel like they are about to burst from pressure.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Medical Day: Migranes 23 database queries in 0.0178030 seconds