corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » How does this desktop sound for £600?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How does this desktop sound for £600?
Tiger

User status: Offline
20th Mar 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Intel i5 2400 (Sandy Bridge) Gaming PC - Samsung 2TB HD, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT220 Graphics, Antec 600 Case, DVDRW+-, N150 WIFI, Windows 7 Home Premium plus more:

Compsol's Antec 600 Ultimate Gaming PC - Intel i5 2400 Sandy Bridge CPU / 8.0GB DDR3 / Samsung Spinpoint 2TB Huge Storage HDD, Nvidia Geforce 220 1GB Graphics and Windows 7 Home Premium, plus many more features. See below!

* CPU: Intel i5 Sandy Bridge CPU (1155) and retail cooler, 3.1GHz, 6MB Cache
* Motherboard: ASUS P8H67-M LE (Supports 2nd Gen Intel 1155 i3/i5/i7 CPU's, Intel H67 Chipset, 2x DIMM - max 16GB, dual channel memory support, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x4, 2 x PCI, Integrated VGA, 2xSATA3, 4xSATA 2, RAID support, 2x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, Micro ATX Form Factor)
* RAM: 8.0GB DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10600) Kingston Memory
* HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 2TB Hard Drive 204UI
* DVDRW+-: Dual Layer 22x with Lightscribe (Samsung, with Nero software)
* Case: Antec Six Hundred 600 Gaming Case - Bottom mounted 500w PSU, well ventilated for extra efficient cooling, windowed "moonroof" top panel, windowed side panel, 6 x internal 3.5" bays, 3 x 5.25" bays, front USB and Audio ports, 491mm (H) x 212mm (W) x 492mm (D)
* Graphics: Nvidia GeForce G220 1GB Dedicated Graphics, VGA, DVI, HDMI, CUDA and PhysX Technology, Hi Def support, powerful video card
* Wifi and LAN: Edimax N150 Wireless G 802.11 and onboard Realtek Gigabit LAN ethernet port
* Sound: 8 channel Realtek High Definition Audio
* Logitech Quality Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
* Windows 7 Home Premium installed and configured for out of the box use!
* 12 Months Send and Collect Hardware Warranty (Parts and Labour)
Sam
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going to be using it for gaming?
TheCrow

21st Mar 11 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce G220 1GB Dedicated Graphics, VGA, DVI, HDMI, CUDA and PhysX Technology, Hi Def support, powerful video card

You wont be playing too many games at good settings with this graphics card. It's shit.

Russ

21st Mar 11 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no name PSU, your money i guess
Dom

21st Mar 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, PSU could be an issue and the graphics card is a bit poverty spec when you consider an old 9800GT is more powerful. Apart from that it looks ok...
Tiger

21st Mar 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be using it for photo editing, maybe some music software on a FireWire external module too.
moka

22nd Mar 11 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I'll be using it for photo editing, maybe some music software on a FireWire external module too.

Erm, does it have firewire? Or is that why you stated 'external module'?
moka

22nd Mar 11 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, seeing as the case is made by Antec, whos to say the PSU is not also Antec (which is a respectable psu brand)... You would think this would be the case... Can you check?
John

22nd Mar 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No name PSU's aren't all that bad tbh.
Russ

22nd Mar 11 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
Also, seeing as the case is made by Antec, whos to say the PSU is not also Antec (which is a respectable psu brand)... You would think this would be the case... Can you check?
If it was antec, it would say antec.

John, i agree to some extent, but shit ones do die quite often, and if you've got expensive components in there better to spend the extra £50 and be safe(r)
John

22nd Mar 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had a PSU of any type fail in a way that damaged any components, I've had both expensive and cheap ones stop working.

I mainly think of the likes of Dell when I say it doesn't matter, the components in their PSU's are made just good enough to work and for the amount out there, they don't fail very often and I've never seen one take out anything else when it has.

If it's a no expense spared overclocking build then fair enough, if it's something like this that £50 could be better spent elsewhere imo.
Russ

22nd Mar 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think, if you're buying an "enthusiast" pc such as the above, cutting corners on the thing that powers it is silly.

Maybe it's over cautious, but still better safe(r) then sorry.
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Mar 11 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka

Most Antec cases don't come with a PSU. Obviously some do, but the ones that don't you will find a lot of companies will just stick in a cheapie one and use the case as one of the main selling points rather than the PSU (as a lot of people aren't clued up about PSUs and such).
Tiger

22nd Mar 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had a PSU go before to be honest on a cheap tower, I replaced it with another and there was no damage done to the system.

New Poll