corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Hand Held Flash Gun HELP?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hand Held Flash Gun HELP?
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
11th Apr 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen some guy at a car meet last night taking pics of cars, obviously it was dark, so he had the DSLR on a tripod, on a long exposure, and he walked near the car with a hand held flash gun of some sort, giving around 3 flashes towards the car (front, front corner, and side) to light up the car in the picture. Looked ace.

What are these? I can only seem to find ones to go on top of the camera, or do they work hand held aswell?

Id like to get one really, the guy took some good pics!!

Ive got a Nikon D40 if it makes a difference.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
John

12th Apr 11 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could use a torch.

He'll have long exposure and large aperture, when he lights of a certain part that part gets exposed in the picture, doesn't have to be a certain type of flash gun, it won't be connected to the camera.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 11 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Canon 550EX used to be able to do that, as I would suspect most proper flash guns.
Adam_B

12th Apr 11 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most flash guns have a button on to fire them, doesnt need to be anything special.
Leighton

12th Apr 11 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 580EX just has a button to fire the flash.
AndyCorsaSport

12th Apr 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand it will just be a button, i mean are the ones that clip to the top of the camera, able to be used as hand held also? Or are they completly different.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 11 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah can be mounted on the cam or used freehand.
AndyCorsaSport

12th Apr 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh i get it now. Cheers Ian

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Hand Held Flash Gun HELP? 23 database queries in 0.0081658 seconds