corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 3 Litre V6 corsa b project.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My 3 Litre V6 corsa b project.
c20xe_zuko

User status: Offline
12th Apr 11 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a few pictures of the stage my corsa is at just now.
I fitted a 3 litre v6 around about a year ago and done around 300 miles in the car before it started using oil. I quickly took the car off the road and decided to strip the whole engine down and fit new piston rings, new stem seals, new big ends etc etc and get it running perfect before I put it back on the road.
I have now decided to do a little more than just rebuild the engine, I have started tidying up all the wiring in the engine bay, for example the ignition module was mounted over near the battery previously and the wires run right across the front slam panel to the module. I have now mounted the module inside the car and run the wires through the loom to the footwell and shortened and joined the wires back on and now it will be hidden behind the dashboard once fitted again!
Anyways I will try and keep this as up to date as possible, so here are a few pictures of the stage its at now.

And heres what it used to look like before it started smoking like a chimney!

Anyways, Thats the stage I am at just now. not pretty but it will get there!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the V6 sound!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
c20xe_zuko

13th Apr 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it does sound great, it gets some looks from people!
I have alot to do to it in the next few months. I have started smoothing the engine bay and losing wiring etc I do not need. I have moved the battery to the boot as well. I am now focusing on the inside wiring now while I wait on my pistons and heads coming back! There is wiring going everywhere and even my dad had a look inside the car tonight and just made a funny noise and walked away, fills me with confidence that!!
I have been welding all the small holes around the engine bay and cutting off the bolt type fittings welded inside the engine bay and grinding them flat ready for filler and paint etc. I have also started cutting out the bulkhead bit in front of the wiper motor/brake servo etc ready for filling and smoothing.
I will keep it as up to date as I can, I am going to be busy with all the work I have to do on it before it returns to the road!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 3 Litre V6 corsa b project. 24 database queries in 0.0109570 seconds