corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b sri 16v trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b sri 16v trouble
vickers-sport

User status: Offline
   13th Apr 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am having a slight problem wit my car running the x14xe engine it ticks over a little lumpy as if it has a missfire but drove fine untill the other day. now when i press the clutch in and slow the car cuts outthen when started again the eml stays on for a few seconds longer than usual now driving home this morning the speedo has decided that it wants to give up too! im not sure if all are related and i am sure this has bin posted before but i struggle wit searching on computers not lazy just crap. your ideas or suggestions would be appreciated please

many thanks
vickers-sport

13th Apr 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any help please

RKS

13th Apr 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the misfire and cutting out could be an airleak. try spraying a little bit of wd40 or carb cleaner near the inlet manifold and vacuum hoses if it stops then theres your problem. or it could be a dodgy coil pack or spark plug, or even a blocked/knackered injector.
gary2097

15th Apr 11 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now mate sounds like the egr valve take it apart and give it a clean then should run fine
gary2097

15th Apr 11 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now mate sounds like the egr valve take it apart and give it a clean then should run fine

New Poll