corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » South Wales Pistonheads Run

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author South Wales Pistonheads Run
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Apr 11 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went for a Pistonheads Run around the Welsh mountains on Sunday morning - probably one of the best drives I've had in a long time

Seeing as I now live in Bristol, it meant an 8:30 start to get across to the meeting point for 10, but I was greeted by a great groups of cars when I got there.

Mazda 3 MPS, Leon Cupra R, 2 Evo's, 5 Scoobies, a TVR T350C, Lotus Elise S1 running a 20V Turbo and an R35 GTR

Felt a little out of my depth in my completely standard 130 bhp diesel Fabia but the guys were all very welcoming and friendly and I had a great laugh!

Set off around the hills, taking in some of the best driving roads I know in the area, with me at the back but keeping up fairly well. Had a couple of comments about how the Fabia was a lot quicker than they expected, and surprised others with the lack of smoke being kicked out!

In all I did 250 miles on the day, completely cooked my brakes, had loads of fun in the sunshine and sill averaged 45 mpg for the day

Couple of pics I've just seen on PH of the day, along with a panorama I've just knocked up using an online stitcher:

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and definitely looking to do the next one sometime in June, as long as it doesn't clash with PVS!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » South Wales Pistonheads Run 22 database queries in 0.0081451 seconds