corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dodgy gear change!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dodgy gear change!
corsa*em

User status: Offline
   15th Apr 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi chaps wonderd if you could help. got a T reg corsa 1.4 sport started having abit of trouble with my gears after driving for a little while they are really stiff and difficult to get into gear and grind alot when i try and reverse...its now started doing it all the time now and alot worse i have to use 2 hands to force it into gear!! ive stopped driving it as soon as that happend as obvioulsy dont wanna bugger it up but just wanted to no if anyones had similar problems and what could it be? dont wanna go ito a garage and they try n tell me its worse than it is... thankyou!
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Apr 11 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Linkage.

Have a search about on here how how to adjust it.
Jed D

15th Apr 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah exactly what Ian said, i got a 1.6 sport think the gearbox's are same or similar. had mine for a few weeks with no probs then all of a sudden going from 4th to 5th almost became impossible and all the rest seemed a little bit like stirring thick soup

try the topic in tutorials if you can, all i did though was got a 13 or 15mm spanner (cant remember off the top of my head) got underneath and losend the linkage part that got the gearstick side of the rod and had a mate pushing it into place. after that felt a little bit better but not solved, so i topped up the gb fluid. easy enough to do, top bolt (with plastic bit on) off and drain plug bolt off, get a funnel and fill it till it pores out the side

corsa*em

15th Apr 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah lovely thankyou!! makes abit more sense now!! cheers!
3CorsaMeal

16th Apr 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it make a difference if you pump the clutch a few times before trying the gear
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th Apr 11 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might need to adjust the clutch cable as well. The pedal should rest a bit higher than the brake pedal.

New Poll