corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mrs Jambo update

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mrs Jambo update
Jambo

User status: Offline
27th Apr 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I would post an update.

Some of you may remember that Mrs Jambo was diagnosed with leukaemia back in 2008. Well she has been being treated for this with various methods. Her white blood cell count is down from 80k to sub 18k which is really good but still a long road ahead. Part of her treatment is radiotherapy and it has caused some complications. Basically the radiation has managed to stick a few of her internal organs together

So on April 1st she had an op to undo all this sticking together. Also she had found a lump on her cervix which Drs weren't worried about so had to have it removed.

Operation went as planned and she was back home ASAP.

However the lump was the size of a tangerine and the Drs where wrong. It was a cancerous lump x 1billion.
So now the poor poor girl has 2 cancers for the price of one.

So the lump they removed was cancerous, and left a few cancerous cells in her cervix. So now Drs where keen to get her all sorted onto a course of drugs and more concentrated radio.
She started the course a week ago and today is day 10 which is the day you can start to loose your hair. She just rang me up in floods of tears as she has just ha a huge lump fall out the back of her head

All a bit overwhelming and I feel helpless to help her.

Life is fucking un fair
pow
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James as I said to you when I saw you last week the situation saddens me

I REALLY hope things start to look up for her and you and I'm sure your CS family are here to support you

Best you can do for her now is be there for her and be the best Mr Jambo you can be.

Hope her condition improves soon, from what you were saying she's a fighter and I have every confidence you will both some out the right side of this shitty situation.

David
Simon

27th Apr 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really much you can say, but best of luck to her in recovery and make sure you look after yourself too.
pow
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Simon, good point, James, make sure you look after yourself. An ill Mr Jambo is not good to Mrs Jambo
johnny86
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so sorry to here it jambo.. best wishes thou
Lawrah
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad Times. She is a beautiful girl regardless! Get well soon Mrs Jambo! x
fazza

27th Apr 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope things start to improve for Mrs Jambo and yourself. It must be so hard for you knowing theres nothing you can really do to make her feel better.

I dont really know what else to say chap, just both stay strong and together pull through it x
spencer88

27th Apr 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck to you and the mrs!
Kathryn W

27th Apr 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell Jambo, I was only thinking about her the other day when she got I'll with the swine flu!

She's a strong lady she has come through so much already! It's good that they have managed go catch the extra cancer and begin to treat it straight away, i was sort of in a similar situation last year with the lump on the cervix, luckily mine wasn't cancerous but it's scary as hell and of course I didn't have the problem of Leukaemia! Stay strong as much as you can for her. I can't begin to imagine how your feeling!

Life's a bitch, only the good people struggle! When the bad people leave a breeze of a life!

xx
SXIBLK

27th Apr 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know you pal but got a situation with my mrs thats not a million miles away all the best to her and keep your chin up i also know how hard it is for the guy in these situations
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unbelievable, like Mrs Jambo hasn't been through enough already!

Sounds like she's a fighter though mate, just keep strong for her sake! You'll get through it together!

Send her CS's love!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Tommy L

27th Apr 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horrible situation. Best of luck with the treatment, I hope it all goes according to plan.
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell

Get well soon Mrs Jambo.
Robo C20Let

27th Apr 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never mind about the hair as long as she will be ok. hair will grow back dont worry but as long as she is ok it doesnt matter

so sorry mate. brings back bad memories of my family who didnt make it.
Jambo

27th Apr 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's just told me she's gone into work. They have been really good about it. Made part time on full pay for a few months. Help her recover etc.

Thanks for the kind comments x
Russ

27th Apr 11 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno what to say mate best wishes to you both.

My auntie lost her hair due to treatment so my uncle and cousin shaved their heads to show her they were with her every step of the way.
Jambo

27th Apr 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooo that sounds cool, she gots cross if I say I'm gunna do a grade2 so maybe this will cheer her up

stubs

27th Apr 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know exactly what you're going through right now and it's not nice.
Just be sure to cherish the good days and enjoy life to the full.
Cancer has been a big eye opener in my life and it's helped me understand what's really important.
Good luck to the both of you, I sincerely hope things pick up for her.
Ben G

27th Apr 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn thats some shit luck mate hope she'll be ok. just keep reminding hr that you love her no matter what she looks like and that you'll always be there for her.

i can't imagine whats going through both of your minds right now but i hope it all works out well mate
chrisritch

27th Apr 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best wished to both of you
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Apr 11 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay strong mate
Root

27th Apr 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear, it's always the best people that get it, never the shitty smack addicts and cunts. My mum's had breast cancer, but nearly 3 years on, she's alive, not all her hair or nails have grown back properly, but she's here..cancer doesn't = death these days, but don't rule it out. Good luck in getting through it and my heart is with you both. Oh, btw she needs you SO much right now, once she has the chemo, tax etc, it draws so much energy out your body and you're unable to do anything, even get out of bed most the time
stuartmitchell

27th Apr 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really sorry to hear that mate. Hope she makes a full recovery! x
Jambo

27th Apr 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

She's been having chemotherapy and radiotherapy for nearly 3years so I'm "used" to looking after her etc. It's not even a chore. But these are new chemotherapy tablets. Usually she would get some hair falling out and I have to Hoover a lot as the floor gets covered. But it's never from 1 spot or patch or anything. It's not even noticeable. She said a huge clump came out and she's now got a bald spot on there

chrisritch

27th Apr 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May sound like lame ass advice but her self confidence will be riding at an all time low so make sure you keep reminding her she's beautiful

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mrs Jambo update 23 database queries in 0.0132082 seconds