corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » does anyone think this royal wedding is a load of rubbish?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author does anyone think this royal wedding is a load of rubbish?
baza31

User status: Offline
27th Apr 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or am i the only one. I dont see why its been made into such a big deal . Also all the security and the amount that its costing tax payers is ridiculous . I could just be a grumpy sod but i think all these people who are buying memorabilia and having street partys are quite sad. The day off is good but again its costing employers a fortune giving days off when it could of easily been on the saturday. I heard on the radio 100,000s of people are going to london for the day to celebrate the wedding would they celebrate their neighbor down the street who they didnt knows wedding day? i think not . dont know if am ranting and been grumpy or alot of people have just too much time on their hands/or lost the plot
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Or am i the only one. I dont see why its been made into such a big deal . Also all the security and the amount that its costing tax payers is ridiculous . I could just be a grumpy sod but i think all these people who are buying memorabilia and having street partys are quite sad. The day off is good but again its costing employers a fortune giving days off when it could of easily been on the saturday. I heard on the radio 100,000s of people are going to london for the day to celebrate the wedding would they celebrate their neighbor down the street who they didnt knows wedding day? i think not . dont know if am ranting and been grumpy or alot of people have just too much time on their hands/or lost the plot

Ok.
baza31

27th Apr 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Ok.

expand
Cavey

27th Apr 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people are idiots.

I like that it brings the nation together and everyone has something to look forward to, whether you watch it or not, it's a massive event for the country.

It's like the world cup, everyone gathers round for one cause, whether ou watch football or not you get everyone together for it
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first two contradict each other. They'll make money in the grand scheme of things. And the last one isn't true either as it's optional, it's not a bank holiday. Loads of my mates aren't getting a day off. Besides, people who are off will be doing what? Spending money somewhere, wether it's wedding related or not.

IMO.

[Edited on 27-04-2011 by Nath]
baza31

27th Apr 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The first two contradict each other. They'll make money in the grand scheme of things. And the last one isn't true either as it's optional, it's not a bank holiday. Loads of my mates aren't getting a day off. Besides, people who are off will be doing what? Spending money somewhere, wether it's wedding related or not.

IMO.

the tax on the memoribilia profit will no way top the policing bill alone , they dont contradict each other at all . I know its the employers decision but if you didnt give they day off it will knock moral of employees, i bet your friends have been moaning about having to work. Yes people will spend but only like normal imo
nathy_87

27th Apr 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a bank holiday Nath.
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Apr 11 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't give a shit, and I'm working anyway.
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87

It's optional for employers isn't it? I know plenty of people not getting paid more and working the same hours.
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

IMO.

the tax on the memoribilia profit will no way top the policing bill alone , they dont contradict each other at all . I know its the employers decision but if you didnt give they day off it will knock moral of employees, i bet your friends have been moaning about having to work. Yes people will spend but only like normal imo

I'm not talking about just memorabilia. How many people are travelling into London did you say? How are they getting there? What and where will they eat and drink? etc....
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Couldn't give a shit

Same. I'm just glad for a day off.
nathy_87

27th Apr 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It's optional for employers isn't it? I know plenty of people not getting paid more and working the same hours.

Ah yes could well be, I know a few people who are working that day, but thankfully I'm not one of them.
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah yes could well be, I know a few people who are working that day, but thankfully I'm not one of them.

Same
nathy_87

27th Apr 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what you be doing on your day off?
Nath

27th Apr 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not going into London thats for certain.

Going to the cinema and just chilling out with some mates. Maybe play some pool or something. Nice relaxing day.
Liam

27th Apr 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a public holiday iirc, you don't have to work it, where I work are offering time and a half and a day in lieu if people work it.
stuartmitchell

27th Apr 11 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just get a day in lieu. Taking Monday off instead
SXIBLK

27th Apr 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell

is that not a bank holiday aswell?
oceansoul

27th Apr 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes me laugh that half of the people are "patriotic" and "love England", but as soon as something patrriotic like this comes up they are hating it.

People gunna hate no matter what tbh.
nathy_87

27th Apr 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXIBLK
quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell

is that not a bank holiday aswell?

Yes it's May Day on Monday.
SXIBLK

27th Apr 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good day to use your day in lieu then
nathy_87

27th Apr 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you get it off anyway, why would you use that as your lieu day?
SXIBLK

27th Apr 11 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sarcasm didn't come across clearly hes a fool for using it on that day lol
Rob_Quads

27th Apr 11 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an optional bank holiday for employers. There is nothing to stop any of them treating it like a normal day. That said most companies are giving people it off / treating it like a normal Bank Holiday

Does it bother me. Not really. I think Nath is right to a degree. Everyone complains about it but overall the moral of the county goes up. Exactly the same happened with the Euros when they were there. So many poeple were moaning how rubbish football was, how it got in thier way but by the end of the tournament they had cheered right up and were taken up by it all.

It might cost the tax payer but its also bringing in a lot of money to the country. The worlds media is spending a small fortune covering the event..people are coming over to watch the even.... it all adds up.

Much like the people in Aus that complained that the olympics cost 2 billion?...they didn't moan when companies made that back within the first 2 weeks
nathy_87

27th Apr 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXIBLK
my sarcasm didn't come across clearly hes a fool for using it on that day lol

Sorry SXi, Im half asleep and counting down the minutes until home time.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » does anyone think this royal wedding is a load of rubbish? 22 database queries in 0.0126479 seconds