corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help after conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help after conversion
nathan6490

User status: Offline
28th Apr 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi everyone, recently done a conversion from a x14xe to a x16xe, now that the conversion is done it feels like the car has no power, like i put my foot down and it goes nowere it really is sluggish, just wondering if anyone could help me please
Jed D

28th Apr 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sluggish in what sence?

whats it like at the top end of the rev's etc...

any lights on..

fuel getting to it ok?
nathan6490

28th Apr 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just doesnt seem to rev free enough if you get what i mean? i thought i left my handbake on at first its that slow on acceleration, there isnt any lights on, and it gets to bout 5 eventually and then just dies sort of its really hard to explain
nathan6490

28th Apr 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to mention aswell the induction noise is unbelievably loud, someone mentioned it not been timed up properly but it ticks over sound and i can actually drive it would i be able to do that if the timing was out slightly?
Dave_Sport

29th Apr 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you changed the ECU?? is the new engine sound - head gasket ok? any blue smoke on start up and high revs?? have you checked the timing marks - if timing out one tooth, might still run but badly!!
Generation

29th Apr 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ecu is a good shout imo
nathan6490

29th Apr 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer new engine was sound drove the car it came out of and theres no smoke at all headgasket is sound, checked the timing today aswell and thats ok, iv changed everything ecu transponder and chip but when i checked the timing today i disconnected the battery and when i reconnected it the car run perfect no slugging nothing untill half a mile down the road and then it changed back so im swaying towards the ecu
c20letandy1988

1st May 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it over fuel to? Clouds of white smoke i had same symptoms had mine cammed and a cometic head gasket and powerbox and it used £10 of fuel driving to end of path lol
nathan6490

1st May 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate theres no smoke or anything but yer it does drink fuel

New Poll