corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe mods exspected power gain?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe mods exspected power gain?
markx14xe

User status: Offline
29th Apr 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a c20xe with a ported inlet ports and reprofiled q42h cams and pipercross induction kit with standard manifold with decat striaght through to a magnex 5x3 oval.

what sort of power should i be looking at could possible have remap aswell on the standard ecu if its possible?
corsadonk
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

150 bhp.
R Lee

29th Apr 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

162.5 bhp
149.7 lbs\ft
markx14xe

29th Apr 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats standard power so i dont think so some how its just had a new set of valve stem seals and new valves plus head gasket so it a healthy engine....
Rupean

29th Apr 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by markx14xe
thats standard power so i dont think so some how its just had a new set of valve stem seals and new valves plus head gasket so it a healthy engine....

you'd be suprised, sometimes doing mods can make a engine run worser, especially when its still on standard manangement.
markx14xe

29th Apr 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had this before with my x14xe with a straight through system i lost power to gain noise
R Lee

29th Apr 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bare in mind, these engines are old.
philip2

29th Apr 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

over 20 years...the head could be fresh but no good if rings are going and losing compression. what spec are the q42's? i know there qeds mildest so presuming something around 260dur 9.5mm lift? is it just the inlet you have ported or the head? any pics?

you 'may' see 160bhp with the cams but id of gone for an enclosed system to try and keep engine from sucking warm air in.
corsadonk
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just I've never seen a standard XE make standard power.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing extra on standard management

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe mods exspected power gain? 22 database queries in 0.0113561 seconds