corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Magazine Photoshoot (With a difference)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Magazine Photoshoot (With a difference)
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th May 11 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this Photoshoot a few weeks ago and they've kindly sent us 350images from the day before the article is published. Thought it might interest some people - was a good day out, I even got to "model" a drysuit

lots of photos but this is a small selection of what I got sent
adiohead

19th May 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they fly
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 11 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, its a bit nippy - handles well though! Could've done with suspension seats but their budget was too tight
SXI - Matt

19th May 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow i'd shit my self sitting in them little seats & flying out the water look's fun though
deano87

19th May 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh no, it's the rozzers.
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 11 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe but not UK based....
R Lee

20th May 11 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excuse my ignorance...
But why have it ribbed? What does it do? Extra buoyancy? Strength?
RichR
Premium Member

20th May 11 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buoyancy in turns; You can turn a RIB much harder and faster than an equivalent sized hard hulled boat, as you gain positive buoyancy as the sponson contacts the water. Our RIBs are built so that the sponson is clear of the water when its running flat or stationary so as to not induce excess drag, a lot of leisure RIBs rely on the sponson for buoyancy which is why the sponson of most leisure RIBs is in the water all of the time. Kind of proved by the angle of heel in the first two photos.

The secondary reason is that these are Police craft which are used to come alongside other craft; rather than have to deploy fenders all the time, the sponson acts as the fender

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Magazine Photoshoot (With a difference) 22 database queries in 0.2108281 seconds