corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BBC Scotland - 'The Scheme' - Anyone watched it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BBC Scotland - 'The Scheme' - Anyone watched it?
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
25th May 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm unsure if it's viewable from Englandshire, but has anyone watched 'The Scheme' on BBC1?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, grim as fuck.
sand-eel

25th May 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty easy to find fucks like that in Kilmarnock tbh.
stan_the_man

25th May 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's grim, but very true I must say. Alot of schemes very similar around here too.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th May 11 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's places like that all over the UK, alot far worse too. It's guilty viewing though

Did you see that big heffer on last nights episode with them 'Fuck Me' glasses on
emicen

25th May 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Secretary in my old work was moved to a council house near there and was happy about it as apparently this was better than the other bit of Killie she was in before. The mind boggles.
JonnyJ

25th May 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched the 2nd episode (i think) on tuesday. Feeling sorry for most of them, they havent had a proper chance at life at all. What hope do they have of leading a normal life when they are brought up around the things they are?

Fair play to the ones who get out of it. It must be hard though when you know no different.

Seeing that lad inject himself with smack and the effects it had was grim
fazza

25th May 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am i missing out?
Pete_vxl

25th May 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The girl with the fuck me glasses was on 'girls behind bars' which was on last year aswell, thats a fucked up family. Booooooooolit!!!
Hammer

25th May 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad these cunts are penned in the one place. The lowlife scoundrel that was jagging up in his mums kitchen with money stolen from her purse whilst she's outside breaking her heart deserves to be hung.

No matter what they are born into there are still some that have the werewithal to actually give life a go rather than be dictated to by their surroundings.
Shell
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 06:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say, I thought that wee 15 year old had turned it around but I had to scoop my jaw off the floor when they said he has chosen not to go to college and was now in the jail
emicen

26th May 11 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I'm glad these cunts are penned in the one place. The lowlife scoundrel that was jagging up in his mums kitchen with money stolen from her purse whilst she's outside breaking her heart deserves to be hung.

No matter what they are born into there are still some that have the werewithal to actually give life a go rather than be dictated to by their surroundings.

Yep. What largely separates this lot from normal society it the ability to take responsibility. Until they have that, they won't escape their surroundings, and that pretty much means they never will as there's ALWAYS a sob story justifying their situation.
bwbw

26th May 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

Kilmarnock isn't that bad, I think you'll find that there are similar situations and stories in every area. Unfortunately Kilmarnock has been highlighted and everyone has jumped on the bangwagon in assuming that everyone from that area is tarred with the same brush!
mike56gte

26th May 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote]Originally posted by bwbw
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

Kilmarnock isn't that bad, I think you'll find that there are similar situations and stories in every area. Unfortunately Kilmarnock has been highlighted and everyone has jumped on the bangwagon in assuming that everyone from that area is tarred with the same brush!

It is a bit of a shite hole tho tbh.

Shell
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So's a lot of fife
bwbw

26th May 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
So's a lot of fife

So's a lot of Scotland....
Hammer

26th May 11 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So's a lot of Britain....
ianofbhills

26th May 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Did you see that big heffer on last nights episode with them 'Fuck Me' glasses on

Pure sticking up for ma wee bro man.......

I struggle to understand what she is saying tbh.

The mother of that family, Libby i think, has failed at parenthood. Her eldest son stole from her to fund his habit and shoots up with the cousin in her house. Her daughter has been to jail several times. Her youngest son is in jail for assault and she got asked to leave the scheme. How bad do you have to be to be thrown out of a shiithole like that.
sand-eel

26th May 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh you do obviously get nice areas of large towns...but is there actually nice areas in Kilmarnock?
My dad used to work there and he said every single day the place would be flooded with tools.
Hammer

26th May 11 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are nice areas in Kilmarnock aye, there are far worse dumps than that with no actual 'nice' bit.
Dave

26th May 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A couple of years ago I had the misfortune to work on a job in East Kilbride. I've never been anywhere like it, we have council estates round here and some pretty run down areas but this entire town was one massive sink estate, a depressing mass of pebbledashed social housing. I'll always remember seeing an ice cream van going round the houses on the way to site. This was at 7:15 in the morning, think it's safe to say he wasn't selling many 99's.

It's easy to have a go at the people on these estates but I think only the most driven people are ever going to get out of the circle. Lot's of people go on to do similar jobs as their parents and maintain a similar social standing. I can only imagine it's the same for these people, just they are at the bottom of the ladder.
John

26th May 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EK is a shithole.
sand-eel

26th May 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EK is indeed a shithole but has nice areas
John

26th May 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get bad bits in most areas, these are terrible areas with a very rare better bit.
emicen

26th May 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
It's easy to have a go at the people on these estates but I think only the most driven people are ever going to get out of the circle. Lot's of people go on to do similar jobs as their parents and maintain a similar social standing. I can only imagine it's the same for these people, just they are at the bottom of the ladder.

i.e. Breeding

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BBC Scotland - 'The Scheme' - Anyone watched it? 22 database queries in 0.2269921 seconds