corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EML cuts engine out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EML cuts engine out
Adster

User status: Offline
   25th May 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of an odd one this.

Its only happened twice but driving along my EML has come on, however listening to the engine theres no change. Car still runs smooth, doesnt lag in power and isnt running rich or smoking etc.
However when it comes on, i'll pull up (either slowing to a halt or when stopped) the engine just stalls.

But i'll start the car back up again and it goes off and doesnt do the same. Its only happened 2 days ago and then again today. Is this a common fault with the x14xe's and what will i need to get to stop this?

Like i said though, the engine still runs fine when the light comes on and runs the same way after restarting it...

Cheers guys,
Adam
Daveyroo

25th May 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly the same problem with mine, someone suggested cleaning the idle control valve but it sill does it
Eddx14xe

25th May 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was doing the same it was the EGR valve. You can just restart the car at first but gradually you will have to hit the EGR to free it up, then it will get stuck completely and the car wont start.

If you can use the paperclip test to read the fault codes. There is a guide in tutorials.
Eddx14xe

25th May 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=478649

Just realised yours is a X14XE, mine is aswel and i had this problem. You can do the paperclip test on your car
Adster

26th May 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How will i know what code the fault is though?
Eddx14xe

26th May 11 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the tutorials there is a link for fault codes. If your unsure post them up and someone may be able to tell you what they are
Adster

27th May 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speedos working again after changing the fuse but the paper clip test brought up 0500 so dunno if changing the fuse has sorted it. Just have to hope
Eddx14xe

27th May 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idle control valve?
Blackie

27th May 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.4 8v SRi and it someimes puts the EML on and when coming down through the gears it sometimes stalls, I think its the ICV, usual suspect on most Vauxhalls
Adster

28th May 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well still not had any problems again since replacing the fuse.... bit weird if you ask me

New Poll