corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » help with lawn

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with lawn
bigron1988

User status: Offline
25th May 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lawn is looking like a bit of a mine field since we have had the dogs so its now come time to sort it out , have put up a wall to keep the dogs of it but need a bit of help with what to do .

going to hire a rotavator to rip it all up and take all the weeds and crap out of it , do i then level the ground , and stamp on the soil to compact it then just put grass seeds on it and keep watering it or is there more to it that that ?
mattk

25th May 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats it basicaly, what I do when I re seed my allotment is, dig it up and rake it, then throw the seed down, then roll it, then throw more seed on to the top

grass seed will grow when sown on the surface but its still better to get it covered so just rake it in, keep it nice and damp and it will be right in a few weeks
bigron1988

25th May 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks , so throw a load down , compact the soil, then throw more down , is there any special grass seed to get or is it all the same

New Poll