corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebay
Tom G

User status: Offline
31st May 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advertised a car about 3 months ago but ended it as a local buyer bought it. Never bothered paying the eBay listing fees as I don't really use my account etc. EBay fee is about 16 quid. Just had a phone call off a debt company, is it just some chancers? Surely people must do this all the time?
grubz172

31st May 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

owed them about £41 got letters sayin action will be taken . then final warning etc. that was 2 years ago and still nothing has happened. that was for same reason as some cunt clicked buy now on a car i was selling then didnt pay so i asked him to mutually agree to not go through with purchase so i didnt get billed for something i didnt even sell, he selected the option not to agree to end mutually to be a cunt and left me with a bill i refused to pay
Tom G

31st May 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't really care about the amount but just don't want the hassle of receiving letters/phone calls and possibly get a bad credit
Dan
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You used the service, you pay the bill, simples

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
kz

31st May 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got this too, as I never logged into eBay once the transaction was complete. After I got the letter I logged in to see lots of warning messages should have originally paid £7.50 or something but had to pay over £30 in the end, fuckers.
Tom G

31st May 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was up for next to no time Danny plus it didn't dell my car nor did I sell it to a buyer through there. Il just pay it when I'm next on my computer, just seems pretty shocking that they Chase you for a minimal amount when there is people getting conned.
Dan
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Minimal, but when they probably have hundreds of people doing it, it adds up to a big amount.

Its the problem with selling in 2 places at once, you could sell outside of ebay but still have the insertion fees, its the risk you take i guess.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Sam
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
You used the service, you pay the bill, simples

Agreed. When you list something on eBay you are entering into a contract with them. If you change your mind, why should they let you cancel your listing for free if you sold something outside of their website?

It annoys me when people do this and then moan about being chased for payment for a service they've used.

If someone's agreed to buy your item on their website and they don't pay, all you have to do is file a dispute claim and if they don't pay up you get your listing fees credited. Is this really such a difficult concept for people to get their round head?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of paid in the first place

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Brett
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll send 2 or 3 letters then give up, don't worry. Pretty sure it doesn't go against you credit wise either and won't appear on your record, but as said, you should've just ended the auction properly and not been thick. You'll have your ebay account locked out though if you choose not to pay.

...and to grubz172, errr 'non-paying bidder claim'??

People need to learn how to use things before moaning.

[Edited on 01-06-2011 by loafofbrett]
DaveyLC

1st Jun 11 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grubz172
owed them about £41 got letters sayin action will be taken . then final warning etc. that was 2 years ago and still nothing has happened. that was for same reason as some cunt clicked buy now on a car i was selling then didnt pay so i asked him to mutually agree to not go through with purchase so i didnt get billed for something i didnt even sell, he selected the option not to agree to end mutually to be a cunt and left me with a bill i refused to pay

You could have had this reversed.. I had the same problem, the arse hole gave me bad feed back too
Russ

1st Jun 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people
A2H GO

1st Jun 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats like advertising your car on Auto Trader and in the local paper. Someone see it in the local paper, buys it and then going to Auto Trader and asking for your money back.

Just pay it and be done with it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay 23 database queries in 0.0136030 seconds