corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speed camera/radar detectors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed camera/radar detectors
minimatt001

User status: Offline
7th Jun 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a bit of advice please...

I've been looking into buying a radar detector for a while now, ideally one that will pick up mobile speed cameras/speed guns, stationary cameras, red light cameras (not so important really) and general police hotspots etc. Just anything that will risk me getting me points and caught. Any ideas on what to go for? I've been told Snooper are very good but it would be good to hear some more opinions/advice first and see what other people are using. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt
Jed D

7th Jun 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never really thought they worked well enough :surprised:
daveysafc

7th Jun 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think they work very good unless u get a good 1
Jed D

7th Jun 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely the police would have better technology though. sorry to crash your post a bit pal
minimatt001

15th Jun 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the replies I'm not sure really, I've heard that if you're willing to spend around £250/£300 you'll get a really good quality detector. A mate at work told me that he paid just over £250 for his around 6 years ago now and pays £25 membership a year for updates but swears by it after saving him from points and fines numerous times. I haven't yet been caught by either a camera or a speed gun but have been close and thought that surely its got to be worth spending the money on this now whilst I've no points than paying a fine to the police and getting points if I get caught.

In response to JedDy, I see what you mean but I too am unsure whether or not this is the case. The fixed speed camera locations are actually published for the public to view but I don't know how far away these detectors can pick up radars and speed guns. And no probs mate lol, you've got a fair point

New Poll