corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed camera/radar detectors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed camera/radar detectors
minimatt001

User status: Offline
15th Jun 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a bit of advice please... *This is also in the Help Zone

I've been looking into buying a radar detector for a while now, ideally one that will pick up mobile speed cameras/speed guns, stationary cameras, red light cameras (not so important really) and general police hotspots etc. Just anything that will risk me getting me points and caught. Any ideas on what to go for? I've been told Snooper are very good but it would be good to hear some more opinions/advice first and see what other people are using. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt
Ben G

15th Jun 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

road angel are very good.
deano87

15th Jun 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc mobile ones only alert you when the lazer has been fired. You have until the 2nd lazer fire to slow down, so a bit pointless to me.

Just try not speeding
minimatt001

15th Jun 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the reply. Any ideas on a specific model mate? I've read some good reviews on road angel so this could well be the way to go but Snooper seems to be up there too.
minimatt001

15th Jun 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, thats all very well, but its just soo easy to get caught these days and lets face it, we all have to let loose now and again mate
mattant

15th Jun 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't they used to interfere with automatic doors at supermarkets? or have they got round that now
Sam
Premium Member

16th Jun 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by minimatt001
After a bit of advice please... *This is also in the Help Zone

I've been looking into buying a radar detector for a while now, ideally one that will pick up mobile speed cameras/speed guns, stationary cameras, red light cameras (not so important really) and general police hotspots etc. Just anything that will risk me getting me points and caught. Any ideas on what to go for? I've been told Snooper are very good but it would be good to hear some more opinions/advice first and see what other people are using. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt

No offence but just save your cash and stick to the speed limit/be aware of your surroundings, especially in unfamiliar roads?

Once you are an experienced driver you will have a good idea of where the fixed and mobile speed cameras are in your area or areas you frequent, don't drive everywhere like a twat because you feel like it - this is what I did when I was younger and got lots of points!
pow
Premium Member

16th Jun 11 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I can see the for and against. I'd quite like one that actually detects the mobile ones for using on the motorway...
Sam
Premium Member

16th Jun 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally just go by everyone suddenly braking for no apparent reason
pow
Premium Member

16th Jun 11 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on, on the motorway, doing 85+ you must have looked up and gone oh shit, planted the middle pedal in the floor
Fro

16th Jun 11 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I normally just go by everyone suddenly braking for no apparent reason

same
Sam
Premium Member

16th Jun 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Come on, on the motorway, doing 85+ you must have looked up and gone oh shit, planted the middle pedal in the floor

I don't normally do any more than 80 (which is probably 74 in reality if satnav speed is anything to go by) as the cat has a very thirsty V6
Stu

16th Jun 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road Angel for fixed stuff and a jammer for the mobile stuff
minimatt001

23rd Jun 11 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys for the replies, I was hoping to reply sooner but lately been very busy! Its not so much the fixed speed cameras I'm worried about, its these mobile ones. The fixed ones are obvious with the warning signs and big yellow box but these coppers with guns... they can be anywhere! I like the sound of these jammers but surely they will know if you're using one? And then get a fine for using a jammer? On the motorway as well, there's that many bridges and emergency vehicle ramps that they can use, that its difficult to go anywhere without keeping a close eye on the speed everywhere you go. Any tips/advice on these jammers would be great! Thanks
Jed D

23rd Jun 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the technology the police have can tell the time on your watch from round the corner and over the hill...

move to Durham, the only city in the UK without ANY fixed speed cams and only 2 mobile ones that tend to only use the same areas. yet Durham have a very low death by driving rate
minimatt001

23rd Jun 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha if only things were that simple!

Yes they may have state of the art technology, but there's always ways around things at the end of the day its what they can prove that matters, unless they have a reading to prove your vehicle was speeding, what can they do? What I'm wondering is what does their gun read if you're using a jammer? ERROR maybe? and is using a jammer a criminal offence?
Stu

23rd Jun 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My "jammer" also operates my garage door and my security lights
Phillips_91

23rd Jun 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
i like the sound of the multi functional objects, where would one purchase said item?
Jed D

23rd Jun 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may just be talk but i heard if you get caught by the guns you can dispute it and if they haven't got proof the gun was calibrated that same day (witch they probably dont) you'll get off, obv if your doing 100 in a 60 or whatever you dont stand much of a chance

i havnt went 1mph over the limit since i got my other 3 points for overriding the white lines the other week

shows that giving points work i suppose
Stu

23rd Jun 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phillips_91
quote:
Originally posted by Stu
i like the sound of the multi functional objects, where would one purchase said item?

Had mine years now, bought it from a guy who has a local car spares place but there are loads on the net. Just found these parking sensors here http://www.radar-detectors.co.uk/laser_elite.asp
Stu

23rd Jun 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or a garage door opener like mine http://www.radar-detectors.co.uk/target_lt450.asp

Never been cheap tho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed camera/radar detectors 22 database queries in 0.0871480 seconds