corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who Thinks Prem Footballers are Wimps Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who Thinks Prem Footballers are Wimps Thread
Robo C20Let

User status: Offline
18th Jun 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blokes at work all they ever fucking talk about is football and rooney this....gerrard that.....my fucking god they are overpaid wankers who i wont call real me as they get a hair out of place and they are off for the rest of the season recovering from the trauma.

now my point was these players like rooney etc are picked for england and expect it. now if i got picked to play for my country i would get on that pitch run my heart out and would need to be dragged off at the end with blood coming from my ears but these wankers turn up jog round and wonder why they get booed, now for example if we give say blackpool a chance to wear the england shirt they would put there heart and soul into it, so why cant everyone else who does and play for the pride not the money

what are peoples views

rant over

thanks
Ben D

18th Jun 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My view is that you are wrong.

Especially using Rooney as an example for a number of reasons, firstly he has no hair secondly he always plays his heart out on the pitch and gives 100% everytime and it shows when he covers every inch of the pitch he is renowned for wanting to play every minute of every match too, I could agree about other footballers though but i dont think you should generalise and maybe you should pick a better example as you've got to say Gerrard plays with passion & loyalty for club & country too.
Marc

18th Jun 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Gerrard plays with passion & loyalty for club & country too.

Ben G

18th Jun 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gerrard is a wanker of the highest order.

There was a good article in the sun the other day about some black guy who got paid 20k a week to sit in the stands even though he wanted to play and said how most other footballers wouldnt mind.

Out of touch with reality tbh. Most fans cant even afford to go anymore.

[Edited on 18-06-2011 by Ben G]
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stereotyping.
Cavey

18th Jun 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just can't believe they get paid so much, yet Nurses and Army people get paid so little........
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 11 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're certainly overpaid.

If you wanted healthcare and paid a nurse £20k, you could expect a certain level of expertise.

If you paid a doctor £40k, your expectations would be higher.

If you paid a consultant £60k you could again expect more knowledge and experience.

Each time you go up £20k the standard increases.

How much skill can it take to command hundreds of times those salaries? It's one of the only industries in which you can take the piss out of your customers and they blindly carry on paying.
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I just can't believe they get paid so much, yet Nurses and Army people get paid so little........

love that old chestnut
Russ

18th Jun 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not overpaid. They are entertainers
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 11 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Not overpaid.
Ben D

18th Jun 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't really say the clubs overpay the players it is them who bring the money in and deserve it more than anyone else at the club? where else would the money go? to the club owner who doesn't do anything? atleast the money that goes to the players who earn their wages are taxed at 50% which is bette than outher countries atleast*

[Edited on 18-06-2011 by Ben D]
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 11 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's a viable business - it's taking place so obviously it works.

My point is that the players are not worth that, do not deserve that and it's only because the fans are stupid they can continue getting it.
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian fair enough you aren't into football but labelling the fans 'stupid' is beyond naive.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 11 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they're happy to pay £20+ per match?

How much is a season ticket these days?
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Varies drastically. I pay £13.04 a match on my ST but that's because the 'product' on offer is a lot worse than it would if I were an Arsenal fan. The difference between Prem football and non-prem football is huge. The Prem is becoming an increasingly greedy league, I won't argue with that.

[Edited on 18-06-2011 by Nath]
Russ

18th Jun 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you own a business, then retaining a member of staff who makes the business profitable is good business sense.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 11 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I agree it's great business. I just think it relies on people paying too much, which obviously they're happy to do.
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of stuff isn't worth the price. Tom Cruise commands $20m to do one film. How is that worth it? It's worth it because that one film will make hundreds of millions. Getting Rooney on your books, at whatever the cost, will make money in all sorts of ways. Shirt sales, increased ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorship. The parameters have changed since the old days, but the game has got better. Alot of the money is spent in good ways anyway. A new Stadium can change a town, provide kids with better resources, bring business to a town. Swansea Council reckon they'll make £30m out of increased tourism revenues now they're in the Prem. And it's becuse of the footballers on the pitch.
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yes, I agree it's great business. I just think it relies on people paying too much, which obviously they're happy to do.

Agreed, but we aren't stupid. It's just a hobby and a way of life that is unfortunately getting more expensive.
Russ

18th Jun 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worse than paying £80 a month to watch Corrie and B'Enders.
Marc

18th Jun 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Ian fair enough you aren't into football but labelling the fans 'stupid' is beyond naive.

Well, there are a few in here that would fit in to that category!
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Well, there are a few in here that would fit in to that category!

True, oRbbo paying £200 to watch a neutral game is stupid!
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
No worse than paying £80 a month to watch Corrie and B'Enders.

Or spending £7 a day on a pack of 20 cigs.
Robo C20Let

18th Jun 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think rooney is over rated and shit

look at him in the world cup, mouthing off being a typical scumbag footballer

people go on about rooney being world class and one of the best strikers ever to live but from what i have seen on the international field is he is shit, cant score and outclassed

dont care about him playing for man u as you are comparing the likes of man u to bham city of course man u will be better as they have more money
Cavey

18th Jun 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robo, that's a ridiculous post. You don't like football, so go back to what you do like and stop trying to have a debate about something you know nothing about? Footballers get paid a lot, tough shit. Life isn't fair.

quote:
Alot of stuff isn't worth the price. Tom Cruise commands $20m to do one film. How is that worth it? It's worth it because that one film will make hundreds of millions. Getting Rooney on your books, at whatever the cost, will make money in all sorts of ways. Shirt sales, increased ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorship. The parameters have changed since the old days, but the game has got better. Alot of the money is spent in good ways anyway. A new Stadium can change a town, provide kids with better resources, bring business to a town. Swansea Council reckon they'll make £30m out of increased tourism revenues now they're in the Prem. And it's becuse of the footballers on the pitch.

I think there was a quote about Beckham's time at Real, he earnt them 5 times what he cost them in his time there or something like that.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who Thinks Prem Footballers are Wimps Thread 23 database queries in 0.0228748 seconds