corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » brads c20xe project. new wheels and general tidy up. please comment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brads c20xe project. new wheels and general tidy up. please comment
corsabrad

User status: Offline
19th Jun 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started out as a totaly standard 1.2 8v breeze when i got it for my 17th bday. Drove it howit was for a couple of mounths then purchased sum brand new wolfrace wheel thought they was cool at the time haha.Dove it lookinglike a monster truck then decided to buy some 2nd hand 30mm lowering springs of the bay. it now looked like this.With the exception of the colour coding and bucket seats these came at a later date

i sold the bucket seats and brought corsa sport interior

and then i brought cat back from sportex with a 3inch outward rolld tip.

Then got fed up of the chavy look so sold the bucket seats and swaped the wheels with a mate for his so sanded them down and primed them and sprayed them

it looked like this then

i then took the engine out and fitted a x14xe and brought a decat and 4 - 1 mani from sportex. had it like that for about 6mounths then thehead gasket whent. so i left it off the road for about 3 mounths whille i skimd and saved for all the parts i needed for a c20xe.I then had everyfin i needed so i went a head and put it in with an f20 box. gave it a general sevice cam belt and tenstioners and water pump. didnt take any pics wish i did.Ive had it on the road nearly a year now with out any problems just sump gasket but thats common but have recently done that. then bad look came about 3 months ago on the way to work. a petrol tanker side swiped me and deove off and didnt get the reg. I cudnt go after because of the wing was caught on my tyre.
Knacked cv and hub.

so i pulled thewing out abit so i could drive it home and purchased all the new body panels from kent ald was breaking a rio verde so me and a mate drove down and got all the stuff off an other shell for £175 so replaced these a few days after the incident.http://c20xe.co.uk/board/post.php?action=newthread&fid=67 Then it stayed like that untill a week bfore pvs and purchased sum new parts.

At pvs

purchased new tx autosport oil breather and heatshield. Also sum team heko wind deflectors.

Things to do are:-
roose motorsport hoses in red.
wheels powdercoated usure of colour maybe white??
general tidy up in engine bay.
replace crankshaft oil seal as is leaking got the seal just havent done it yet.
would like tbs if i could save up or might settle for r1 carbs and mild cams.

let me no what you think so far. sorry for poor build thread as havent took many pics. Wasnt gona do a build thread lol. thanks brad

[Edited on 19-06-2011 by corsabrad]

[Edited on 20-06-2011 by corsabrad]

[Edited on 21-06-2011 by corsabrad]
Ingham
Banned

20th Jun 11 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small air filter is small

Good recovery though.
corsabrad

20th Jun 11 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah small airfilter lol. its works well lol ive tryd others and it lost power. thanks for the comments mate
corsabrad

21st Jun 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Brad Looks spot on with the new wheels! Did you get the rear quarter resprayed in the end then mate?
corsabrad

22nd Jun 11 at 05:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate and no i didnt i polishd most of it out. its going to the body shop soon for my gsi kit to be sprayed so gona get the quater done. im thinking powdercoat my wheels white?
MarkSport

24th Jul 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES to wheels mate
DanCobb

25th Jul 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice. Was the conversion easy to do?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » brads c20xe project. new wheels and general tidy up. please comment 23 database queries in 0.0122151 seconds