corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private Parking Fine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private Parking Fine
ELISE

User status: Offline
29th Jun 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have any of you guys been fined by a Private Parking Company?

My dads just phoned and told me he's recieved a letter saying he's been fined for staying longer than the permitted time in the McDonalds car park at Livingston. Apparently there's a pic of the rear of his car clearly showing the reg. The letter states if the fine isnt paid with in a certain perioid the fine will increase It was me who was driving although according to dad you can't see the driver in the pic. Since he's not been driving will he still have to pay or should he contest this?
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jun 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it. Can't make you pay. Load of stuff online about it.
sc0ott

29th Jun 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont pay it. Tell them you were in mcdonalds.
GF-91
Banned

29th Jun 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Jun 11 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have no legal power to force the registered keeper to reveal the driver.

Ignore it.
Mertin

30th Jun 11 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this just last year with Brittania car parks in Edinburgh. Numerous letters, sometimes they sent the same letter twice in the same day All threatning me with court and legal fees in the next 2 weeks. Coming up to a year now and theyve been quiet for the past 6 months
mattk

1st Jul 11 at 04:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep it in a drawer so you can laugh at it in a few years. dont. do. anything.

Ive done this so I konow its right
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Jul 11 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parking eye,?? send them a shitty letter like i did with a recipt then send one back saying the resipt was not attched please send the real copy then youtell em to f offf hah ""
Jed D

1st Jul 11 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GF-91
Ignore it.

this^^

however...

i got away with a normal council parking ticket the other week.
we were down Scarborough and parked under the bridge near the sea front which i knew was a disc zone (or at least WAS), displayed my disc and off i went, i passed a ticket inspector quite some yards down the road and said "excuse me mate, is it ok to park up there with a disc" and he smiled, nodded and said something that sounded positive, whatever it was it wasn't good enough English...
so we went off done our things we had to do, took the kid on the beach and headed back to the car to find a ticket. got home, strate on the phone to his manager... turns out it wasn't a disc zone any more (i just didn't look at the sign i parked rite next to haha) but as he didn't observe my car for over 15mins before putting the ticket on and had said i could park there, we got let off. was funny as fcuk, our lass shouting down the phone to his manager saying English wasn't his mother-tongue hahaha
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha
3CorsaMeal

1st Jul 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard a fact on radio that 50% of parking tickets fine are let off when people contest them

but only 3% of people contest them
mwg

1st Jul 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds about right 3CM. A lad I work with got one earlier this year in a car park with one of those eye in the sky cameras. Told him to ignore it or contest it but he just went and paid it
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one for parking at a toddington services. i stayed the night in the travel lodge but forgot to give them my reg.

ticket came through, rang them up and said i told the guy at the desk my reg and then said no probs its cancelled.

i think that was CN Parking or something like that.
Jed D

1st Jul 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv heard if you ignore parking tickets that you get in supermarket car parks nothing else comes of it.
yet i work in asda and if we park our cars in the customer car park we get a ticket on the windscreen saying that we've won a prize, go to admin office to claim it... then you get a bollocking
haha

stupid thing is the staff car parks tiny and when its full iv resorted to just dumping my car slap bang in the middle of it
Crana

1st Jul 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got one ages ago and I'm still getting letters about it.. Saying there taking me to court and I owe the 1000s lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private Parking Fine 22 database queries in 0.0112250 seconds