corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Looking for a surround sound. (update, help please!!!!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking for a surround sound. (update, help please!!!!)
sloworm

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive currently got a this blu ray player

Sony BDP - S370

and a 38" toshiba regza tv. Im looking for a new surround sound, nothing special but something that I can plug into the blu ray player and my xbox. Would I need to buy a sony surround sound? Or will any set up with optical connections (i guess) be fine? I have a budget of about £150 which is not huge I know, but im struggling to find speakers that dont come with a blu ray player.

Ive found a few second hand ones that come with a standard dvd player, would they go with the blu ray player ok? or would I still have to go through the dvd player?

any reccomendations?

[Edited on 13-08-2011 by sloworm]
Gary
Premium Member

4th Jul 11 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For that money just go for a standard 5.1 DVD sytem then link your BlueRay in via Optical.

Job done.
sloworm

4th Jul 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I would plug the optical from the blu ray player into the dvd player? and the same with the xbox?

any reccomendations ona stystem? Thanks for your help
Gary
Premium Member

4th Jul 11 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have to make sure it has more than 1 optical in, mine only has one (quite old though)

I got a samsung 7 years ago and its still powering on.

Had a panasonic also, which was nice till it got nicked.
sloworm

13th Aug 11 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So ive bought a new blu ray surround sound system (LG hb965tz) and have also invested in sky hd

Problem I have is that Im not sure the best way to set it all up (xbox included) at the moment the blu ray player/amp works fine with the surround sound and tv... but want to use the speakers for the x box and mainly the sky hd. At the moment I have the sky linked to the amp via a hdmi cable and optical cable. To use it I turn on the amp and go to the input options but can only choose between one of either the optical or hdmi... so only get either sound or vision. Is there a better way around it?
John

13th Aug 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plug the hdmi straight into the TV and use the optical to the amp, that's the way mine is set up.
sloworm

14th Aug 11 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate all sorted

New Poll