corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1998 Astra GSi C20XE REDTOP

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 Astra GSi C20XE REDTOP
MELV14

User status: Offline
6th Jul 11 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - 1998 Astra GSi C20XE REDTOP
Mileage - 106,000 approx
Price - £900 ovno

Location - Keith NE Scotland
Contact phone number - Not adding it to the boards. PM me for it.
Contact email address - Not adding it to the boards. PM me for it.

General information -

Car For Sale

MOT until 25th August 2011
Tax due 1st August

Clocks showing approx 106,000 miles

I initially bought this to break but I'm struggling with time and space so I am advertising it whole.

Originally had the ecotec engine now converted to C20XE.

Engine fitted just over 10,000 miles ago. Had a complete rebuild including new piston rings, big end shells, crank seals, oil and water pump, timing belt kit and clutch kit.

Fully adjustable spax suspension kit (-50mm front and -55mm rear), green stuff pads all round, kn filter, powercap, ashley 4-2-1 manifold with custom 2.25in decat.

Original receipt available for the engine rebuild, spax suspension and parts which cost over 2000 GBP.

The car starts 1st time everytime with no unusual knocks or rattles, runs and pulls well through the gears with no crunches or vibrations etc. Only problem with the running of the car is there is a hesitation (cough/splutter) on acceleration however only seems to do it now and again (mostly when the engine is cold) although hasn't caused any further problems, suspect it may be a faulty throttle position sensor or something along those lines.

It made the 200 mile journey home with ease.

Usual odd dent and scratch here and there but nothing too major considering the age of the car, rust building up on rear arches which could do with a little tlc.

• Mk3 Astra sport alloys with 4 good tyres. Missing one centre cap but I'm looking for it.
  • Kenwood CD player.
  • Punto rear wiper arm. Looks better than the Astra one.
  • Irmscher front ARB.
  • Fitted with Astra GSi phase one headlights.
  • Solid underneath, had a good poke around with a screwdriver, couldn't find any spots that need welding.
  • Had a new screen 23.05.11
  • I have the complete V5 here ready for it to go.
  • Majority of the interior is clean enough, hole in the passenger seat, one of the bolsters on the drivers seat could do with securing.

Bad bits

• Was a cat C back in 2007. Looks to have been just the drivers door as the glass in the door has a different reg on it. There is no other signs of damage and it's passed MOT's and a VIC since then.
  • Multi function display is playing up but I have another here in the garage which I can give you.
  • Arches would need either taken back to bare metal, treated then a slap of filler or minimal cutting out and plating. Drivers one is worse than the passenger.
  • CV joint is clicking. think it's the drivers one.

Want back what it owes me which is GBP 900 o.v.n.o

It's cheap as it needs a bit of tidying.

May PX for :-

• Clean Mk3 Astra Estate, either Isuzu Diesel or Petrol.
  • Clean Mk3 Astra Saloon.
  • Clean, Standard Calibra.
  • Clean, Corsa 1.2 or 1.4 8v manual.
  • Clean, Vectra 1.8 or 2.0 SRi.

All must be but must be M plate or newer and of a similar value please

Can add cash your way if needed.

[Edited on 06-07-2011 by MELV14]

•  
    Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1998 Astra GSi C20XE REDTOP 24 database queries in 0.0077479 seconds