corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sorn and taxing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sorn and taxing
Firestate88

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recently sorned by car because of the new silly insurance and tax rule (if cars taxed has to be insured)
im ready to reinsure the car and buy the insurance and tax, but i need the tax before monday, now can i use the same tax letter that i use to sorn the car or do i have to go down the post office to get the tax disc? would insurance email/fax/next day cover note so i can get the tax? i need the car taxed and insured by monday btw
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance needs to be in place, then tax it online.

The reference number from the original tax reminder won't work, you need the V5 reference number.

Edit - ignore all that - just come to do mine and it won't let me.

SORNed it because I couldn't tax in time because I couldn't MOT in time and now the stupid system won't allow me to re-tax online.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid thing.

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by Ian]
Firestate88

3rd Aug 11 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the systems a right mess so unsure of what to do
22B

3rd Aug 11 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the vehicle is sorn'd and you want to tax it, just make sure its insured and has valid MOT.

If you want to tax it at the post office you will need your insurance certificate, MOT certificate and your V5 logbook, I recently had to do this on my car which I sorn'd while I carried out MOT work as the MOT and Tax had just run out
Jord16vSport

3rd Aug 11 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant you just get the insurance company to fax a tempory cover note so you can get tax? That's what i have always done if i have bought a car with no tax.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sorn and taxing 22 database queries in 0.3855121 seconds