corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?

Poll: If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?
  Put it in your pocket and walk away.
  Hand it over to a member of staff incase they came back for it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?
Nath

User status: Offline
4th Aug 11 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hand it to the staff
Robo C20Let

4th Aug 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

walk away dam right lol i remember walking up to a cash point and someone had left there card in and gone (late at night no one around or cars to be seen so i helped myself to £100 lol
Nath

4th Aug 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
walk away dam right lol i remember walking up to a cash point and someone had left there card in and gone (late at night no one around or cars to be seen so i helped myself to £100 lol

spencer88

4th Aug 11 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hand it in to staff.

How would you feel if you were skint and that was your money?

Also I believe in Karma.
Nath

4th Aug 11 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Hand it in to staff.

Also I believe in Karma.

Which is what I did as that is also my way of thinking. Not so much the karma, just a case of treating others how I'd like to be treated. Probably dreaming with that way of thinking, but never mind. I don't need £15.
spencer88

4th Aug 11 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Hand it in to staff.

Also I believe in Karma.

Which is what I did as that is also my way of thinking. Not so much the karma, just a case of treating others how I'd like to be treated. Probably dreaming with that way of thinking, but never mind. I don't need £15.

This is actually a subject Martin Lewis has been going on about lately, and the result was alot of people would give it back.
Then also those that got money back, say they lost their wallet, if they had the details of the person who sent it in, they sent them a voucher or money, which I think is the right thing to do.
Nath

4th Aug 11 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Hand it in to staff.

Also I believe in Karma.

This is actually a subject Martin Lewis has been going on about lately, and the result was alot of people would give it back.
Then also those that got money back, say they lost their wallet, if they had the details of the person who sent it in, they sent them a voucher or money, which I think is the right thing to do.

I was with my Dad on a train coming back from London and noticed a phone on the seat opposite. Some guy was sat there and had just got off the train, so obviously dropped it. As soon as the train left the station the phone rang, so my Dad answered it and sure enough it was the guy asking if he left his phone behind. So he gave my Dad his address and asked for our address too. So my Dad posted the phone, and a short while later a £20 voucher for Tesco arrived in the post with a message saying something like, 'get yourself some beers from me, thanks very much'. Was a nice touch.
Fro

4th Aug 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish someone did that when i lost my phone the other week, teething fucking pikeys.
MJFF88

4th Aug 11 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Left £100 hanging out of a cash machine before. Never saw that again
BarnshaW

4th Aug 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let

thats a whole different game and that is cuntish to be honest.
pow
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it. It's 15 quid FFS and no-one would ever hand it in for me.
sc0ott

4th Aug 11 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive found 2 phones in taxis before.
1st one i gave to the taxi driver to hand in. this was a samsung D500.

2nd was a sony erection c910 i think and i phoned up the girls mum to say i found it and she was being sound as fuck about it all. i then phoned who seemed to be the boyfriend and he started being a cheeky cunt, so i told him if she wanted to see the phone again he was to come and get it or else i was going to smash it then i hung up. 2 minutes later he said he was coming for it in a taxi. 10 minutes later the taxi arrived but with no one in it shite bag.
fazza

4th Aug 11 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do belive in karma, but i have left money at a morrisons self service before so it would have been payback

I felt too much of a twat to go back and ask if someone had handed in my £20quid when i did it
MJFF88

4th Aug 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
i do belive in karma, but i have left money at a morrisons self service before so it would have been payback

I felt too much of a twat to go back and ask if someone had handed in my £20quid when i did it

I find money at work on a daily basis and it was years ago anybody came back for it. Phones, wallets, debit cards - yes. Money - no. So you're right
BarnshaW

4th Aug 11 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you SAW the person leave the money in their by accident would you tell them? i probably would, especially if they were old or something.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Aug 11 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've delivered a phone back to someone who lost it in town, very little thanks.

Posted a driving licence after finding someone on Facebook to tell them, no thanks.

Found an E111 health card thing, left that at reception in work so the owner could collect it, no thanks.

Returned car keys that were left in the road by the car, limited thanks.

Certainly never been rewarded.

[Edited on 04-08-2011 by Ian]
BarnshaW

4th Aug 11 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember the boy down my road when he was about 12 found a nine bar of resin in a carrier bag in someones garden, he told his parents and they handed it to the police and they gave him a £10 HMV voucher, gutted
adiohead

4th Aug 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found a passport when I was little, took it to the owners house and they didn't even care.
Twiggy

4th Aug 11 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hand it in They are clearly not skint of they are not paying attention when using cash ect!

fazza

4th Aug 11 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Posted a driving licence after finding someone on Facebook to tell them, no thanks.

Found an E111 health card thing, left that at reception in work so the owner could collect it, no thanks.

Ungrateful cunts imo.

I was pissed down the local pub about 6 months ago, me and a mate were the last ones in there. Just as we were leaving(shitfaced by then) The barwoman shouted is this your coat. It was a superdry one and identical to mine. I was shitfaced and couldnt remember if i took a coat down or not. Half way walking home I realised there was a set of keys and a wallet in the inside pocket so wasnt mine

Next morning i took the jacket down to the pub and handed it in with the wallet and keys, the bar woman said thanks and that was that.
I was then down the pub the following weekend and the barwoman shouted to the chap whos jacket it was that I returned his jacket etc and he then came over and bought me several pints

Laney

4th Aug 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread has partially restored my faith in humanity.
Eddx14xe

4th Aug 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

My friend found a mobile phone at school, he was going to keep it but then felt bad so he rang the home number on it to tell them he found it. They didnt even care, all the said is like 'ok, ill collect it from you'. He said they never said thank you, were grateful or anything. He was gutted and wished he kept it after all.
Jambo

4th Aug 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A phone or traceable possession yes. Cash? No. The staff wouldn't find the owner, they would put it in the kitty and have coffees with it.

I returned a phone yesterday to a girl who had left it in the park. £400 Blackberry. She was about 14 and didn't give a fuck. Little cunt!
ed

4th Aug 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pocket the cash for sure.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do? 22 database queries in 0.0189090 seconds