corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any kart techs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any kart techs?
Matty W

User status: Offline
5th Aug 11 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Handing my C.V. in and talking to the manager at my local track tonight. Heard there desperate for techs.

I know there aren't many moving parts to deal with and it'll be mainly repairing bent steering arms, but anything I can mention that will make it sound like I know a bit about karts?

Cheers
nathy_87

5th Aug 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're applying for job that you not know much about? That's like a shelf stacker applying for a M.D job with no qualifications.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Aug 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go in with a bit of enthusiasm and show you're interested in learning and you'll be fine
Ste
Premium Member

5th Aug 11 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideally you would need to know how to work on a Honda GX engine, bleed brakes, change pads, tyres etc. if you are already a mechanic then it's transferable skills really.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Matty W

5th Aug 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
So you're applying for job that you not know much about? That's like a shelf stacker applying for a M.D job with no qualifications.

I have an NVQ level 3 qualification on light vehicle maintainance and I've been working in a Renault garage for 4 years. Is say I'm pretty confident i'll know what I'm doing. I've just never worked on karts before.
nathy_87

5th Aug 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I'm sorry I'm just being a dick today. Just follow Barnshaw's adice and should go down a treat.
Jake

5th Aug 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i worked at a track for 3 years and 80% of the time youre replacing bent axles, track rods, pads and pull start cords.
Matty W

5th Aug 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
i worked at a track for 3 years and 80% of the time youre replacing bent axles, track rods, pads and pull start cords.

And the other 20% ?

Enjoy the job though?
Jake

5th Aug 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i werent a mechanic but those were the main reasons i wheel them in to get repaired. the other 20 youre doing bigger jobs like rebuiling the engines or putting everything on new chassis. this was on a outdoor track with tall apex's though so they got a battering
Matty W

5th Aug 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, this is an outdoor with tall uneven apex's and grass runoffs . Cheers for the insight

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any kart techs? 23 database queries in 0.0090251 seconds