corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 16v loosing water, but is it a headgasket job?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 16v loosing water, but is it a headgasket job?????
harvey_1066

User status: Offline
9th Aug 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it possible that my head gasket can go between a water gallery and a cylinder? because on start up for last week it wont rev but if i leave it for few seconds you can hear it start to fire on all four cylinders again, also today on way to work i seemed to loose alot of water and temperature was up around the 100degs for most of the way there. which is not normal its usually about 94ish, i loosened the filler cap when i got to work so it didnt pressurise any more water into a cylinder (if it wanted to) then when i started it before i came home it didnt run rough it ran fine as the water system wasnt pressurised so it couldnt have pressurised into a cylinder then i drove round and filled it up before i came home (it lost a fair amount, couldnt say how much as i used a hosepipe to fill it back up) and then i drove home and all the way home it never boiled or anything, it behaved normally its very weird... BUT when i go to it 2moro morning it will start again it will miss fire on one cylinder and not rev, then after 5ish secs it will clear and run on all 4 and rev like a normal car, and i DONT have water in the oil, thats why im thinking it must be water dribling into a cylinder... and i havent got a loose pipe, and i have changed the spark plugs to others and the problem continues.

sorry its like an essay, but does this sound plausible?
8vcorsa

9th Aug 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be gasket as the oil doesnt have to go like mayo
johnhara1

10th Aug 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it went between a water gallery and a cylinder it would pressurise the system constantly.

Whack some K-Seal in and see if it stops.
AlexW

11th Aug 11 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Not always true, Mine went into a cylinder and had no signs of normal HG failure, Not even steam out the exhaust or a pressurised coolant system.

Basically It could be, Gaskets tend to corrode and can then let coolant get into a cylinder.

I'd be tempted to get a compression tester on it, and be sure you have no leaks before ripping the head off to find its fine.
ShEp

12th Aug 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never ever recommend using k-seal ever again.

Horrible product which can ruin engines and components.

As said, get a compression test done, check for leaks, might not always be visibly dripping, might only drip when pressurised and landing on something hot.

So get it up to temperature and have a look about.

New Poll