corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with eBay sale

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with eBay sale
K17VGY

User status: Offline
21st Aug 11 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently sold a headunit on eBay. Fully working when sent as Id had it in the car for 6 month and swoped it over with the new one the day I listed it on eBay. Here's the description, Pioneer headunit. Has radio CD and front AUX input. Great condition. Comes with iso connector.

Headunit was in great condition the front didnt have a scratch. They guy that won the auction messaged me and asked if I had the cage I told him I didn't and it just came with the iso but id have a look and see if I could find a cage.

Now he's just messaged me and said unit isn't working. I had left a cd in so he removed it and now it won't turn on can u refund me and once I receive the money I'll send the item back.

I replied saying send unit back and I will test.

Who's in the right here? I listed everything honestly. I think he just didn't like the headunit as it's a few years old and just wants a refund.
Eddx14xe

21st Aug 11 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont give him any money until you have it back.
cavmad

21st Aug 11 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately if he paid by Paypal you're fucked. They always side with the buyer and in the end you'll be made to pay him back (via Paypal) and he'll either send you the unit back or just not bother.

It's not totally unheard of for people to buy items that match their broken one then send the duff one back for a refund, so bear that in mind 'just in case' mate.
For now just sound him out, ask him what he expects you to do about it (don't offer him anything just yet though) and if he makes a big deal about it tell him to send it back and you'll have it fixed for him. Might be worth mentioning that 'somewhere in your house' you still have the original receipt and the serial number for the stereo so when you take it for repair they (repairers) can confirm to this arsehole that the stereo is as you said it was.
That way if he has fucked about with it it might make him think twice.
K17VGY

21st Aug 11 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I wasn't going too but if it does work shall I just send it back ?
cavmad

21st Aug 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be honest if he's paid by Paypal you'd actually be lucky to get it back. They will refund him as said and I believe they aren't too arsed if he sends it back or not.
If he does make sure you tell him recorded/registered delivery only and for God's sake make sure you open the parcel in front of the postman BEFORE you sign for it. Some cheeky fuckers just put a brick (or whatever) in a box, parcel it up then if the person the other end doesn't open it before signing they're bollocksed.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with eBay sale 22 database queries in 0.0064971 seconds