corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » changing corsa D wheel HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changing corsa D wheel HELP
Root

User status: Offline
21st Aug 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. my mate has 17" irmscher alloys fitted to his corsa D. I jacked it up, took out 4 lug nuts, went to pull the wheel off - nothing? is there another thing holding the alloy on? There's nothing I can see, there's a massive nut in the centre but it looks like it holds the hub assembly so im not sure.

help please lol
Root

21st Aug 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any help please :/ is the wheel just stiff or is there something else holding it on?
reecegsi

21st Aug 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stiff i would say give it a little tap on the tyre while spinning the wheel to free it
Root

21st Aug 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks reece, I'll try it but just gonna pop to my grandads now to borrow a trolley jack, dont trust the emergency one while tapping the wheel

thank you ill give it a go
DanCobb

21st Aug 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kick the tyre
John

21st Aug 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuart H

21st Aug 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt really sound like you should be taking a wheel off in the first place lol

Anyway , jack it up , 4 bolts out , hit the back of the wheel , chances are its not been off in a long time and is just stuck on the hub , hit it with a rubber mallet or something so you dont damage the alloy.
Root

21st Aug 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart H
Doesnt really sound like you should be taking a wheel off in the first place lol

Anyway , jack it up , 4 bolts out , hit the back of the wheel , chances are its not been off in a long time and is just stuck on the hub , hit it with a rubber mallet or something so you dont damage the alloy.

i've took a wheel off before and more, I did what you said, hit it with a lump hammer on the tyre, not the alloy, didn't want to damage it, had limited tools, didn't manage to get the bastard off..>_<
johnhara1

21st Aug 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're not hitting it hard enough. Get a bit of wood to protect wheel, hit the wood with hammer. Once off, clean the hub then, copper slick the hub.
RCoughtrie

21st Aug 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same issue just really stiff, wd40 then i bear hugged it and wiggled it off lol
Root

21st Aug 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't want to hit it too hard as it was only propped up on a couple of emergency jacks and had the jack collapsed, the skirt would have hit the spare tyre, not my car, didn't wanna risk the skirt snapping off or anything. Tried some wd40 penetrating liquid, no joy. Oh well, I've given up now, lol, god knows how long the wheels been on, I tried getting spanners and chisels behind the alloy, pushed against the brake caliper assembly, but still would not come lose
reecegsi

21st Aug 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just get behind the bugger and kick it off or if your feeling abit strong bear hug it and keep wiggling and pulling till it gets loose just make sure you get a good jack
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Aug 11 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it propped up properly, put two wheel nuts back in very loose so the wheel doesn't fully fall off when you boot it, then get behind and give it the good news.

New Poll