corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » That does'nt sound good

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author That does'nt sound good
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   21st Aug 11 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it was a nice day so i woud take bumble out for a spin

Took it nice and steady down to milton keynes from buckingham, then had a bit of a blat when i got to MK drove around fine for a while and headed back, quickly stopped off at a petrol station beore leaving MK then that when my problems began

tappets sort of got louder then quiet then got noisy again then quietened down then finally got REALLY noisy! sounded like a skeleton in a biscuit tin

saw oil pressure drop off to 0 and nursed her home as i was only 5mins away

looked underneath while the car was running when i got home and a steady dripping of oil was coming between the bottom end and the sump gasket, its cooled down a bit now and has lost half its oil and the sump is wet all over with oil

not sure but i think my oil pump is gone and the top end is being starved of oil probs causing the tapping

doubt i ill have the time or the funds to fix it before trax

bright side is i was looking at a complete LET engine but was planning to drive my car down to warren to fit it........dunno if the car will make it now?? hmmm
AndyCorsaSport

21st Aug 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad news trailer it to Warren?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Bad news trailer it to Warren?

looks to be the way forward, i reckon it would make it to my garage down the road and that would be my lot, hopefully as we have a lowloader truck at work i can ask my boss to borrow it and just replace the fuel (did it at my last bodyshop and i know somone has borrowed the truck one weekend at my current one aswell)

need to get a 2.5" exhaust as the other engine im looking at has everything else, just need to go see it and make sure its sound and runs ok

ho hum, least my mum and dad live 10mins from silverstone so i can still go to trax, just not with bumblebee..........dam'it!

[Edited on 21-08-2011 by SteveoBC]
Matty SRi

21st Aug 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fill it with oil and drive there, depending how far away it is, and take a spare bottle of oil to top it up aswell.
Had to do this with the brothers XE calibra a few years back as he had a oil leak and just carried a spare bottle in the boot lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
Fill it with oil and drive there, depending how far away it is, and take a spare bottle of oil to top it up aswell.
Had to do this with the brothers XE calibra a few years back as he had a oil leak and just carried a spare bottle in the boot lol

that thought did come into my head

just worried about really fucking the engine and it suddenly go bang on the way down
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked 2 - 2&1/2 hour journey

hmmmmm
Matty SRi

21st Aug 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, i wouldnt do it for that long a journey then. Although it depends how bad the leak is?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just thinking if its really the pump or the fact that iv got a bad oil leak theres no pressure to pump the oil round where i need it

wheres a mechanic when you need one lol

does drip out pretty steadily when its running
Matty SRi

21st Aug 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it will be warm when its running so will leak out easier. does help to have a mechanic on tap though
Will cost money to get it to where you want aswell so may be cheaper/similar to take it to the nearest garage?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my local garage i dont know all that well, its one of things where im in the motor trade and i know what goes on, they just havent earned my trust from the last couple of times iv been there

would prefer warren as he breathes vaux (his track car is evident he knows what hes doing) and is a decent guy to boot

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » That does'nt sound good 22 database queries in 0.0091772 seconds