corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent experience of the traffic po-lice.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Recent experience of the traffic po-lice.
Tom

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought i'd share my recent experience of the traffic coppers, which has changed my perception of them some what!

I had just picked up my friends to drive them back to my house to watch the football on Saturday lunchtime. I went through some cross road traffic lights and noticed a traffic car giving me a little glance. I pulled up at the shop and he pulled up alongside me, instantly got me to wind the passenger window down and he said I had a brake light out and he noticed straight away that my nearside front tyres was bald, started with the 'Oh that's one tyre, £60 fine and 3 points' so I got out of the car and he proceeded to say that at least 3 of my tyres were illegal. I genuinely wasn't aware they were bald, he said that they had been over inflated and therefore had worn in the middle of the tyre which is why I hadn't noticed. I got in his car and him and his colleague gave me the usual lines about how it was dangerous etc. I told him that I had my MOT in March and everything was fine, but accepted that I should check these things regularly. He did a search on me and my car, and everything was ok on that front. He then said he was getting his seargant to come down to do a proper check on my car. I was mindful of being very polite etc (even though my girlfriend was trying to have a go ) and the main officer was very reasonable. He said he could have come down on me very hard and had my car taken away on a low loader and given me 9-12 points and therefore potentially a ban, but he said I seemed like a decent contributing member of society (and my missus had been saying we were going on holiday soon etc ) so he actually advised his seargant to give me a prohibition order on my car, and give me NO points. His colleague was genuinely suprised We had a decent chat about my job, the cuts that have been made to the police etc and he was genuinely pleasant (if a little repetitive about checking tyres).

The upshot is, I have to get my car MOT'd again (already went and got 4 new tyres and a brake light yesterday), but I don't have any points/fines and I didn't have to pay for my car to be released etc, so I was very lucky. I will check my tyres much more regularly from now on.

I was very suprised at how reasonable he was, as I've always had a bad perception of the police (from previous dealings with them) he seemed to want to me to go away with a positive opinion of him which I did. There's alot to be said for being polite (and playing a bit dumb)

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by Tom]
Whittie

22nd Aug 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I could say the same thing. I've been very polite and got chatting to them before, still threw the book at me.
nathy_87

22nd Aug 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Wish I could say the same thing. I've been very polite and got chatting to them before, still threw the book at me.

This.

Power Tripping Cunts tbph(!)
Tom

22nd Aug 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

This.

Power Tripping Cunts tbph(!)

Luck of the draw I suppose, or a complete one off!
adiohead

22nd Aug 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you checked their car out too. I once got pulled and notified them about their blown headlight
mike56gte

22nd Aug 11 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always try to be as polite as possible it usual does help a bit if they don't think your a cunt!

wish more police were like this though.

spencer88

22nd Aug 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
I hope you checked their car out too. I once got pulled and notified them about their blown headlight

I have done this too, I do believe if their car is illegal they cannot pursue any thing against you. Not sure if that is right though?
Phillips_91

22nd Aug 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:

I have done this too, I do believe if their car is illegal they cannot pursue any thing against you. Not sure if that is right though?

That was my understanding aswell, somethin about they shouldnt be on the road anyway...
SXi_Tim

22nd Aug 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time i got pulled was by a snotty little bitch on a power trip, trying so hard to find something on my car, even waiting 30+ min for a breathalyser as she didn't have one.
Bearing in mind this was at 5.30, on the way home from work.
After nearly an hour all in all she drove away after checking EVERYTHING with nothing and said 'i'd better be on the lookout on her shift' Pathetic.
AlunJ

22nd Aug 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had two very different experiences, one was a bit up himself, pulled me over seemingly just because I was with a bunch of lads in the car, acted decent and no sooner had a beemer full of chavs driven past he couldn't wait to get rid of me, drove down the road to find he had pulled them over, not even a traffic cop, just him in a ford connect.
Second time they were brilliant, pulled me over just to advise me of a brake light out and it was showing as no insurance, had a good chat and let me on my way.
adiohead

22nd Aug 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phillips_91
quote:
quote:

That was my understanding aswell, somethin about they shouldnt be on the road anyway...

I think it's only if the car hasn't been looked after properly and signed off by their inspection people.

If a bulb goes whilst their out then they can still prosecute.
R Lee

22nd Aug 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found, speaking to them in a decent manner helps things go along much more smoothly.
Act a cunt, get treated a cunt.

There's always one on their high horse, which can't be avoided, no matter how polite you are, though.

Jed D

22nd Aug 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 3 points for overtaking on double whites wich was fair enough, i agree, i was in the wrong. but when i got in the car he said QUOTE> "you were driving like a stupid little cunt, its twats like you that kill bikers!" at the top of his voice! dont think he noticed the think bike sticker in the back of my car, i come from a family of bikers the stupid tale

said i was 1. driving in a dangerous/reckless manner (i wasn't), 2. speeding (i wasn't), 3. obviously overtaken someone doing about 30mph on a 60 road in their honda jazz on double white lines. i said "yeah i over took when i should of waited a bit longer, but NO i wasnt driving like a, quote your words, cunt officer"
he was not happy, tried giving me 3 point for 3 offences without any evidence, so i got off with 3 for the white lines, yet i didnt even get them on my licence in the end

yet i already have 3 for going through a busses only, and when i got them i could totally understand why he gave me them and he was very understanding that it was an emergency as to why i went through but at the end of the day its no excuse for the law. sound officer, some are some aren't

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by JedDy]
Eddx14xe

22nd Aug 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been pulled over or anything, so never had a problem with them.

My mum got pulled over the other day for speeding, was doing 41 in a 30. He said if she was doing 40 or less he wouldnt of even pulled her over.
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got pulled once so far,

i was speeding a little and avoidng potholes he just check ins and mot (i asked for the date of my mot while he was checking he frowned was a month away but i wasnt 100%)

at the same time another car blocked me in bareing in mind my car was of my lights were off and the other officer had my licence,
i asked him is it realy that bad in coventry,

he then went on i dont know you! why you driving round this area! (i was renting there for uni)

told him im a student
shouted to the other officer hes a student apparently live in """""
other cop just said ye i know,
then he had a nose at my tyres and looked in the back asked what the strut brace was for

my response was to hold the shopping in
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
i got 3 points for overtaking on double whites wich was fair enough, i agree, i was in the wrong. but when i got in the car he said QUOTE> "you were driving like a stupid little cunt, its twats like you that kill bikers!" at the top of his voice! dont think he noticed the think bike sticker in the back of my car, i come from a family of bikers the stupid tale

said i was 1. driving in a dangerous/reckless manner (i wasn't), 2. speeding (i wasn't), 3. obviously overtaken someone doing about 30mph on a 60 road in their honda jazz on double white lines. i said "yeah i over took when i should of waited a bit longer, but NO i wasnt driving like a, quote your words, cunt officer"
he was not happy, tried giving me 3 point for 3 offences without any evidence, so i got off with 3 for the white lines, yet i didnt even get them on my licence in the end

yet i already have 3 for going through a busses only, and when i got them i could totally understand why he gave me them and he was very understanding that it was an emergency as to why i went through but at the end of the day its no excuse for the law. sound officer, some are some aren't

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by JedDy]

1. You were as you overtook on double whites. They are there for a reason!
Xs

22nd Aug 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Traffic police are cunts, most make stuff up.
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

1. You were as you overtook on double whites. They are there for a reason!

ye but speed concerd it probably was safe, tbh i rarely look at road markings
Eddx14xe

22nd Aug 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriends dad got pulled over. He was doing a maximum of 85mph, he was about a mile from home when he was pulled over by a police that reckoned he was going 110+ and that he couldnt keep up.

I think he asked the police to prove it but he couldnt so he was let off.
Jed D

22nd Aug 11 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
Traffic police are cunts, most make stuff up.

he wasn't even traffic police. just a low rank officer. younger than me, trying to prove something. he was just as sick as i was waiting behind the elderly sunday driver and got pissed off that i got past. in all fairness if i was actually speeding there would of been no way the shitty Citroen copper van would of got me without back up

yet the one that got me going through the no entry (traffic officer) said he'd of done the same thing in the situation but unfortunately for me i got caught. i could totally get were he was coming from, canny sound bloke just doing his job imo
Graham88

22nd Aug 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got away with so much stuff through being polite and to be honest, licking serious arse, rather that than points though!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm yet to come across one of these arsey coppers, some could do with some work on their people skills rather than just talking at you but I've never had any being arsey or claiming I've done something I haven't. Not saying they don't exist, I've just been lucky
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Myth.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had one come off a roundabout sideways to pull me over for a small numberplate.

another followed me home in an unmarked car, blocked me into my drive. jumped out and shouted didnt know it was us did you? do you know what the speed limit is round here?

i said 30mph how fast was i going?

no more than that

why are you here then

errrrr i didnt like the way you were going in and out past parked cars

what ami i supposed to do? wait until they move? did i do anything wrong? or are you here because of my car?

then he started going on about how bad my attitude was and that i had the attitude of a boy racer and he will take my car from me.

told him to fuck off and walked in the house. my dad took over from there. they didnt stay long
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 11 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a definite correlation between being nice and being let off.

I'm always nice now. Response, traffic and undercover all good experiences. Only nobs have been the gang of louts that trawl around in the vans looking for trouble.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent experience of the traffic po-lice. 22 database queries in 0.0133159 seconds