corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 6 - stoppers.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evo 6 - stoppers.
philip2

User status: Offline
25th Aug 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite suprised at the amount of evo owners on here. Im after some ideas on some decent stoppers. 6pot frnt + 4rears, been looking at ap, pfd, brembo + think alcon.

Brakes at mo are standard discs wit 2500 pads and stops ok when warm but have had brake fade and tbh not overly happy with how it slows down, id prefer a set up il be peeling my head off the windscreen haha
DaveyLC

25th Aug 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you getting fade or is the fluid boiling?

You might be running DOT 5.1 which you are supposed to replace every year or it ends up turning into emulsion.
P1CK4D

25th Aug 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DOT 5.1 fluid, with PF 2 piece discs, XP8 pads on the standards Brembo's provides plenty of stopping power.
Bettley

25th Aug 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drive slower phil lol
Adam-D

25th Aug 11 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had mine fade.
on old stuff anyway, ill see what this new kit ive fitted is like when bedded in
R Lee

25th Aug 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
DOT 5.1 fluid, with PF 2 piece discs, XP8 pads on the standards Brembo's provides plenty of stopping power.

Prepare for lots of brake dust though.
Gareth

25th Aug 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had 2 ditch xp8s on my old evo as the squeeling was horrible around town under light braking. Changed to pf not as much stopping power but they where silent
philip2

25th Aug 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fluids 2mnths old after I had front-rear brake lines changed aswel as replacing dif + ayc pump after I put a hole in rear dif. I was tempted for the 10s or mate I had car off used to run a carbon ceramic pads iirc and would stand on nose but as you mention lee, the dust on these pitted the alloys.

Its not that doesnt stop well I just would prefer to be slowing down faster when on brakes.

Adam - what pads have you got?
DAZ1985

25th Aug 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have ap 6pots and 2500 pads, harsh brakes the ap's are over Alcon, but I easily outbraked my mate in his 9 with brembos (forget what pads he had)

He had massive amount of brake fade, we were both surprised in the difference
fazza

25th Aug 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate runs AP's on his evo 7(same fitment as the 6 i belive?) they were approx £1500 on a deal on MLR iirc, heres some pictures... he said they are like night and day compared to standard brakes. Oh and he sold his standards for about £400

[Edited on 25-08-2011 by fazza]
fazza

25th Aug 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats under 18's ^^
philip2

25th Aug 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daz- how far are you from chester matey? Be nice to see your set up if possible? tempted to go for the AP's. Wil have look on mlr when get chance too.
Adam-D

26th Aug 11 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now, i have dba front discs, ebc ultimax rears and ds2500 pads
BarnshaW

26th Aug 11 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of the scooby lads go from brembos to AP racing or K-Sports, also porsche brake setups? company called powerstation do them for subarus they might also do setups for evo's?

[Edited on 26-08-2011 by BarnshaW]
R Lee

26th Aug 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K-sports do a great package. Good value for money. Not tried them myself, though.
SetH

26th Aug 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant beat K Sports for the Money and they are good enough for Time Attack cars.
philip2

26th Aug 11 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive emailed ross at ross sport about a set of front and rear k sports. ross seems to be pretty genuine lad tbf from parts ive had and from other peoples suggestions worth dealing with + ill be buying my 2.3 parts from him too in future.
--ToM--

26th Aug 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was that you iv just seen flying round broughton round about in the silver evo 6 with a purple 8 up your ass and an white 10 up his ass all going for it ha ha i was going the opposite way in a silver x5 not that you will of seen me at them speeds
philip2

26th Aug 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they pulled out behind me in the village so we had a play coming out of hawarden and over taking a van by the fruit farm, not sure if the lad was trying or not though, but if its the car im thinking of..FQ340 exo 9, then its had a bit done too it, fuel pump, ex mani, exhaust etc, remap. but mines had a few and runing about 370bhp
Gareth

26th Aug 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what power are you upping it too? I read a thread on mlr where some of the big power boys 600+ wish they had stopped at 400/400 for a road car
philip2

27th Aug 11 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a go at the 30-130 and for the cost of going for a 'rod job' i would much prefer to build a 'proper' motor and go forged and run anything from 450-700bhp tbh, i know on their a few lads say on the road 400/500bhp the only big differance is top end, but atleat wioth building a proper motor i have to power if want to use it. id rather spend the money and have an engine capable of 700bhp rather than put rods in and its only good for 450/500bhp if that makes any sense?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 6 - stoppers. 22 database queries in 0.0156441 seconds