corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ocado Window Shopping

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ocado Window Shopping
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Aug 11 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good idea or bad?

makes sense I suppose, quite a radical way of shopping though.

click
Russ

25th Aug 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Um. So like ocado.com but Id have to move?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're walking down the street and can't be arsed to carry shopping home maybe?
fazza

25th Aug 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dislike the idea purely as i have a shop in the highstreet, shit like this will result in there being no highstreets in 10-20years time

plus that would be a nitemare if its busy wouldnt it?
Russ

25th Aug 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i cba to carry it, then i cba to stop and take photos of it
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You scan it you'll have an Ocado app on your phone that scans the barcodes on the sheets, it's then delivered to your house.
Chrissy
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prime spot for folk to have their iphones stolen tbh..

>>>> Chris <<<<

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True
JonnyJ

25th Aug 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be funny if you scanned your monthly shop then your battery died before you hit order

[Edited on 25-08-2011 by JonnyJ]
Gary
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you goto the supermarket you buy shut you don't need cos you see it.

When you buy online you buy what you need, and can see what your spending as your going.

This way you can see loads of crap you don't need and buy it same as shopping in the supermarket.
Dom

25th Aug 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a cack version of what Tesco were doing in Korea HERE. Tbf i don't really see the point as supermarkets have apps or mobile sites to do 'online shops' and they offer a wider selection of groceries.

Edit - Should have read the article properly, it states the Tesco Korea trial

[Edited on 25-08-2011 by Dom]
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think that's just a trial, if it proves popular it will probably be done on a bigger scale. I like that Tesco one though, especially in places like Subways and such. No good if you need groceries now though.
Ben G

25th Aug 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it personally because it will attract impulse buyers and people who shove everything on their credit card only to realise they can't pay it when their interest free period ends.
Eddx14xe

25th Aug 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
I dislike the idea purely as i have a shop in the highstreet, shit like this will result in there being no highstreets in 10-20years time

plus that would be a nitemare if its busy wouldnt it?

I've always thought this. I hardly go out to the shops now. Only go with the girlfriend on the odd occassion or when i need something straight away/that day, everything else is ordered off the internet.

Can either stay in a warm bed and get it delivered to your door or go outside in the cold and rain, drive there, pay for parking and then find what you need.

Ben G

25th Aug 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, why the fuck have they used a 6 packs of crisps s part of the trial? hardly heavy groceries
Dom

25th Aug 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Think that's just a trial, if it proves popular it will probably be done on a bigger scale. I like that Tesco one though, especially in places like Subways and such. No good if you need groceries now though.

You still NEED some form of smartphone, it still NEEDS a data connection, so why is it any better than going to a supermarkets mobile site (or use their App) and ordering an 'online shop'? You're also more likely to save money using their online store as they have a bigger selection of items and you can purchase cheaper alternatives - ie: why pay £2 for colgate when you can get another brand on special that is half the price etc etc
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spur of the moment thing when out I imagine, although you have a point. It's clearly aimed at a certain generation/type of customer. As not everyone has smartphones.
Dom

25th Aug 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Spur of the moment thing when out I imagine, although you have a point. It's clearly aimed at a certain generation/type of customer. As not everyone has smartphones.

A mobile site is likely to be viewable on a wider range of phones as you need some form of 'App' and in-turn some form of 'smartphone' to process the barcode etc I think this sort of system would be better suited to stores like Argos/Ikea where you could use their app to purchase the item(s), get a collection number and pick them up.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ocado Window Shopping 23 database queries in 0.3880649 seconds