corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone find me

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone find me
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Aug 11 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A brake pipe union reducer

1/4" pipe - 3/16" pipe

found this

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/Brass_7%7C16%22_Male_Union_For_3%7C16_Pipe_BU716M

looks right but says 7/16" which if that refers to the pipe then its wrong, but iv seen that 1/4" pipe has some kind of reference to american 7/16 might be the thread or something who knows

First person gets a kiss

[Edited on 25-08-2011 by Steve]
Cole

25th Aug 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if youy wanted a reducer then surely it would be 3/8-1/4 not 1/4 - 3/8
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry typo, not 3/8, 3/16
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think what iv linked is correct, i think the 7/16 might refer to the thread on it, iv ordered a couple they are cheap enough anyway, if anyone has any other ideas though
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im pretty certain iv found a brake union that will work on my master cylinder, can anyone help me with this

at the moment the OEM setup is basically as follows

with 12mm unions at the master cylinder and thicker 1/4 inch pipe feeding the abs pump which then runs seperate piping to each corner using thinner 3/16 pipe.

Now what i would ideally like to do is rip out the abs pump etc and use 12mm unions at the master cylinder that reduce down to 3/16 pipe and do the lot in 3/16, like so

i need the following things answered though.

Is there any sort of bottle neck fucking the 1/4 inch pipe off for 3/16 through out.

also for the rear would i be better t Pieceing at the front of the car and running two seperate lines down for each rear corner, or doing what Ian has and running one 3/16 pipe down the car and t piecing off to each corner at the rear, as shown in this diagram

lastly is there any point in me using a manual bias valve when the biasing is done in the MC anyway

[Edited on 26-08-2011 by Steve]
DaveyLC

26th Aug 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not reflare the pipes and fit new unions? Its a piece of piss.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thorite will stOck them.

Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you on about daveylc thats no relevance to any of this lol, if you actually read what the problem is.

the original problem, that is no longer a problem as iv found a solution as detailed directly above your post, was that the master cylinder currently has 12mm metric male unions, with 1/4 inch pipe coming out of it which doesnt match anything t pieces, or 3/16 pipe that i currently own.

But I have sorted that now with a 12mm metric union that houses 3/16 pipe directly

http://www.ukclassicparts.com/shopexd.asp?id=715

the only outstanding problem was the best way to repipe inside the car, wether to send 1 3/16 pipe to the back and t piece from there, or t piece at the front of the vehicle and send 2 pipes to the rear.

From what iv found out though one pipe will be fine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone find me 22 database queries in 0.0102460 seconds