corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A1 Auto services Ellsmere port

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A1 Auto services Ellsmere port
Dobbo

User status: Offline
25th Aug 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i went down to A1 Auto services the other week to get myself a few bits and bobs, and the trip was horrible, first of, they where extreamly rude, hey mate can i have a look at that corsa ? (in his view) no mate had loads of trouble with robbers, fair enough but when i asked if he could come show me he replied no i am very busy.

So i continued to ask for the bits he replied yes to a few bits i asked for, he took me over to the car and took a radiator off for me, i asked him if i could get the clips for the lights, he replied no, then told me to hurry up as he has digging to do!! (the whole premises was built on concrete) i said i really need them so eventually after huffing and puffing he pulled them off, whilst doing this he snapped abit and lost it in the engine area, he said to me its fine it will still clip on, so i trusted him.

I paid 7 pound for the clips (rip off) and 15 for the rad with fan which i thought was decent, so i pay him and go on my way, i get back to my corsa and drive home, i get home start puttin the bits on my corsa to find that when i start the engine and rev it till 90+ degree's the fan does not start spinning how it should.. so i just put a hair pin so it runs and doesnt overheat, was pissed of about that, but then! i go back to my corsa c to find that the front left hand side arch has been ripped of!! i did not make any contact with anythin on the way home and it was there when i got in, so how could it have got ripped off from driving the scrappy? then going in my garden to fit a rad..? i could tell they wer being funny with me, abit of a rant i know but just warning people to be carefull if using them, very chavvy, lazy rude workers.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Aug 11 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not wishing to rub it in but I'm sure the clips are not even that expensive from a dealer.
Dobbo

25th Aug 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Know i just thought i would pick them up whilst i was getting the rad, not fussed for a few quid if i could have em now
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Aug 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I generally enjoy going to scrappys. Have you used G&E in St Helens? Bir futher away but my experience in there is good, lent me tools last time I needed a torx bit for a sump. Bit further away but worth a look if you need alternatives.
Dobbo

25th Aug 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually use bhead but they didnt have what i needed, so my mate told me to go upto that a1 autos, never again, st helens is a long way, but if i need anything and bhead dont have it will be my first option, is it a big scrappy?

[Edited on 25-08-2011 by Dobbo]
fazza

25th Aug 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do enjoy going scrappies when you can look about and see what bits u need/dont need but want just incase
Dobbo

25th Aug 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know right, the corsa had soft stars on it aswell n i asked how much without tyres, his reply was what the f are softstars just alloys them mate, 80 quid with no tyres, i said il have them, he goes ul need to come back next week as there was a car ontop of the corsa =s and didnt have the stuff to take it off?
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Aug 11 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size? Probably still worth a return visit if they're 16s.
Dobbo

25th Aug 11 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im deffo gonna look into them, make some money on em, they wer good nickaswell
--ToM--

26th Aug 11 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A1 is a shit scrappy and the owner is a soft cunt, sold me a c20let with all running gear turbo ecu loom tubular manifold gearbox shafts everything out of a mk3 astra for £500!! go to clwyd breakers or HK scrap yard near wrexham well worth the drive ram packed with vauxhalls!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A1 Auto services Ellsmere port 22 database queries in 0.0120029 seconds