corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bump Strips ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bump Strips ...
Fat_Ed

User status: Offline
26th Aug 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to the site and yesterday I decided it would be a good idea to remove the black bump strips off the side of my Corsa and once they were off and I had got all the glue off I realised that the paint colour was slightly different on the bottom of the car to the top but the bump strip obviously made this un-noticeable.

I was just wondering if there was anywhere to get new bump strips from as I have looked on eBay but cant seem to find any?

Thanks,
Ed
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall dealer, someone on here may be bale to give you a part number or you may be able to find it on Google.
Fat_Ed

26th Aug 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the quick reply ...

I have looked on Google but there seems to be no info on a part number so I will have to wait for an expert to ive me a part number on here
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pop down to your local dealership and ask them, can't imagine them being cheap though.
nathy_87

26th Aug 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or try buffing up the faded paint?
Fat_Ed

26th Aug 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Pop down to your local dealership and ask them, can't imagine them being cheap though.

I thought the same, It's a piss take really as you wouldn't have known until you took the bump strips off that the paint was 2 different colours. I will upload some pictures of the car later today once the rain has stopped as I haven't seen any other V6 Corsa's on here yet
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few on here as it goes or as said above you could try to buff the dull paint? They look better without bump strips imo.
Fat_Ed

26th Aug 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
There's a few on here as it goes or as said above you could try to buff the dull paint? They look better without bump strips imo.

Oh I've not seen any lol ... I have tried to buff it but there is still a noticeable line
Jed D

26th Aug 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you asked about 2 weeks ago i had them for one side. sold them on ebay now though
am4nf

26th Aug 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats up with the ones you have taken off?

I will have the passenger side spare as ive just bought a second hand set....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bump Strips ... 22 database queries in 0.0080929 seconds