corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Electric Meters.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Meters.
Sunz

User status: Offline
26th Aug 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having problems with mine, it keeps cutting out and then eating large chunks of money.

So it will have £20 on it, cut out and then say it has £0 but then take a £10 token from the key even though there isn't anything on it.

Engineer comes around to check it and says it's all fine but its been doing quite a lot recently and have lost a lot of money because of it.

Just wondering if anyone has similar problems with there, maybe thinking its the key thats a little bit messed up.

Just lost another £7 tonight !
Dan
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely they can see via meter readings and amount of money put on the account that its wrong?

Not buying them off door sales men are you?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Brett
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get someone to wire it
MarkSport

26th Aug 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spike the meter, free electricity. just remember to change it over before they come round
Matty SRi

26th Aug 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure your not in debt with it? or used the emergency? If you use the emergency eg. £5, then when you top up it takes the £5 back plus a charge. I used to hate my meter, works out more expensive too.
Direct debit ftw
sand-eel

26th Aug 11 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who the fuck invented these "pay as you go"meters anyway
Sunz

27th Aug 11 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
Sure your not in debt with it? or used the emergency? If you use the emergency eg. £5, then when you top up it takes the £5 back plus a charge. I used to hate my meter, works out more expensive too.
Direct debit ftw

I never use the emergency, always keep it topped up, you need something like £1 on it to use the emergency and its always above £5.
Topped up with £20 just 2 days ago and today it goes to £0.
Then it takes a token from the key of £11 even though the previous time it accepted all of the £20 and we didnt top it up since.
so it's saying we have used £9 worth of electric in 2 days, when it's just me here, everyone else on holiday, everything is switched off apart from the pc, tv/pc screen and router for a few hours a day.

Call them out and there wont be any proof, they will say its fine, dont think the machine is accurate enough to spot some £10 going missing

ljames555

27th Aug 11 at 05:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Report it to your electricity supplier/landlord/etc

I dont think corsasport members can fix it for you
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Aug 11 at 06:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never understood these things, you need to go to a shop to pay for it, no log of what you've used, daft idea.
Dan
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 06:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old prepayment meter had a record of total top ups along with total kwh used. Surely a check of these will show up a fault?

Keep recipets from top ups as well. So u can prove what your paying etc.

Twiggy

27th Aug 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the bain of my life. We have a paper card and the only place you can get it is a 10 mile round trip to the estate agents!

Unlike most shops open till 11pm the estate agents close at 5pm which when you run out at 6pm is a twat!
Gary
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Never understood these things, you need to go to a shop to pay for it, no log of what you've used, daft idea.

Normally for people who don't like paying bills/have really bad credit.
John

27th Aug 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't even imagine my electricity running out and having to go to the shop at night to buy more
Sunz

27th Aug 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to say I don't have bad credit or have a problem paying bills, it wasn't my idea to have a meter installed, I think it was hear when we moved in a few years back and just carried on using it since then.

As for going to a shop at night, not many places now seem to have the equipment to top up your key so it can be a bit of a bugger if you don't keep it topped up, but I've not had that issue yet and don't plan to.
Twiggy

27th Aug 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not my choice either. House converted into flats. Landlord pays the main bill we all have a feed off that which is metered.

Very easy to put £40 in and forget about it!

Dan
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont u get it swapped ? Call provider and they will do it if u been with them over a year as a rule.

Jon_C
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Why dont u get it swapped ? Call provider and they will do it if u been with them over a year as a rule.

I did that. Our top up metre seemed to cost us a fortune
Twiggy

27th Aug 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant get it swapped its the landlords way of doing things....
Twiggy

27th Aug 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price wise we get bent over peak rate is 30ppu and off peak is 15ppu
Brett
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I can't even imagine my electricity running out and having to go to the shop at night to buy more

They don't go off between certain hours, something like 9pm-9am, regardless of credit level.

With the latest meter you can actually topup online too, rather than needing to go to a shop.
Twiggy

27th Aug 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dream of that day!!
Sunz

28th Aug 11 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
i dream of that day!!

you and me both !
chloe16v

28th Aug 11 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by John

They don't go off between certain hours, something like 9pm-9am, regardless of credit level.

With the latest meter you can actually topup online too, rather than needing to go to a shop.

7pm to 9am and also doesnt go off on a sunday

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Electric Meters. 23 database queries in 0.0165269 seconds