corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » look ppl with lots of money, ideas. new carbon/graphite style

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author look ppl with lots of money, ideas. new carbon/graphite style
jr

User status: Offline
15th Apr 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure how many ppl have seen this before but there is a new type of carbon/graphite weave about. It has got a sliver/mirror finish in the weave which is supposed to stop delamination(sp) from UV rays, Would look the bollocks as a bonnet etc on a sliver car IMO. What ya think. Pics taken of my new rc car 2 give example

[Edited on 15-04-2003 by jr]
jr

15th Apr 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
RichR
Premium Member

15th Apr 03 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah Ive sued this b4 to build a scale yacvht for a uni project; also done r/c cars in it and possibly start on some car bits if my best mate gets his arse i ngear
Cosmo

15th Apr 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the quality of the finish though?
RichR
Premium Member

15th Apr 03 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we tested the yacht in one of only three testing tanks in the uk and with a good level of laquer and laminate, using a ply core we achieved about the same level of hydrodynamic resistance as with normal carbon and well smoothed fibreglass; if nething we'd rushed the building process so it'd probably give better results than that...... it looks very good as well... Ive used coloured weave carbons before to make a few bits and bobs; but I really like the finish of this one

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » look ppl with lots of money, ideas. new carbon/graphite style 22 database queries in 0.0050950 seconds