corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » stretched bonnet cable?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stretched bonnet cable?
LeeHadfield

User status: Offline
31st Aug 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, well im sure my cable has stretched and my little white handle has snapped but i can SOMETIMES open the bonnet with the help of someone else if they pull the handle while i bounce the bonnet. I was wondering there is a way of tightening the cable or anything else i can do which makes the bonnet release work better? any help will be appreciated
alan t

31st Aug 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the catch seized? may be worth while giving it a good soak in wd40, free it off if its sticking and see if that helps
LeeHadfield

31st Aug 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like where the hole is on the slam panel where the catch is, when you pull the cable it doesnt move the catch out the way for the bonnet to release .. if that makes sense.
Mr-SEH

31st Aug 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this on my corsa go breakers get new cable or buy one i just put my hand up under my bumper pass side found cable pulled it bonnet popped up
Eddx14xe

31st Aug 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem and thought the cable has stretched, i could pull the white release lever and nothing would happen. I sprayed aload of WD40 on it and it has be working fine ever since.
Eddx14xe

31st Aug 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sprayed the WD40 on the release mechanism and where the cable joins onto it.

Clearer way of saying it instead of just 'spray WD40 on it'
LeeHadfield

31st Aug 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay lads nice one. if i was to loosen the clamp, which way would i pull the cable through to tighten it, as stupid as that sounds. towards the catch or away from it?

New Poll