corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall vx220 2.2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall vx220 2.2
makincorsac

User status: Offline
13th Sep 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i'm hoping to get in the Royal Air Force soon i am starting to think about a getting myself vauxhall vx220.

on auto trader the performance figures are as follows

147bhp , 149.7 ibs/ft , 0-60 in 5.6 , and 135mph

if thats right what would it take to get say 220-240bhp out of it and roughly how much..

Thanks in advance guys
John

13th Sep 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just get a turbo?
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As John said, buy the turbo Version. Otherwise you'll do what Chris_uk has done and spend about 10k supercharging one.
makincorsac

13th Sep 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price of em and i prefer non turbo engines
John

13th Sep 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't imagine it being easy to get 100bhp without using some sort of forced induction and it definitely won't be cheaper than buying a turbo to begin with.
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would spend a fortune getting the NA engine to 240bhp.

This is Chris' one

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=377093
makincorsac

13th Sep 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kk thats what i was after so its a no no then cheers guys al look for summat else
Ben G

13th Sep 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

real world figures are apparently 6-6.5 to 60.

i've been looking at them for ages, they are fantastic cars but have their problems.

it would cost a fortune to get 220bhp out of one, as chris uk has shown. best off getting a turbo for 200bhp standard.
makincorsac

13th Sep 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never driven one of these cars and would love a go in 1.. as for the turbo1 what do we reckon to the reliability of it... and as much as i like a car to be an animal is it also fairly easy to drive on the boost
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adam b has had 2 with no problems as far as i know
Adam_B

13th Sep 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should drive the turbo one before you decide you don't like it, if you cant afford one thats different though. As said it costs a lot to tune the 2.2 but the end result is something a bit more unique, but then on the flip side of that I couldnt tell you the last time I saw another vx220 on the road.

They are very reliable cars engine wise, but quite hardcore with minimal interior and crap comforts.

[Edited on 13-09-2011 by Adam_B]
Ben G

13th Sep 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
adam b has had 2 with no problems as far as i know

i meant problems as in the heater being absolute crap, flies through the vents, stone chip problems.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt even read your comment ben
Ben G

13th Sep 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok mate no beef
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got ham?
makincorsac

13th Sep 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
You should drive the turbo one before you decide you don't like it, if you cant afford one thats different though. As said it costs a lot to tune the 2.2 but the end result is something a bit more unique, but then on the flip side of that I couldnt tell you the last time I saw another vx220 on the road.

They are very reliable cars engine wise, but quite hardcore with minimal interior and crap comforts.

[Edited on 13-09-2011 by Adam_B

i only said i prefer non-turbo engines i dint day i dint like em and i meant as a whole i prefer non turbos

Atm i have a c20xe and mi mate has a c20let both corsa bs and even though mine is broken every two mins and is a lot slower i prob would prefer to tune mine rather than have the let as his is horrible to drive..
Ben G

13th Sep 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol wut
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be nice you fucking twats
Adam_B

13th Sep 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

z20let in the vx is decent, i came from a xe corsa to my first vx with a bit of time in an evo in the middle.

Much prefered the way my corsa delivered the power over the evo. Evo was loads of lag up to about 4000rpm and then a big lump of power it was crap. VX220 Turbo pulls strong from about 2000rpm, its still obvious its a turbo engine but its much nicer than most of the turbo stuff ive been in.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a vx220
makincorsac

13th Sep 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
z20let in the vx is decent, i came from a xe corsa to my first vx with a bit of time in an evo in the middle.

Much prefered the way my corsa delivered the power over the evo. Evo was loads of lag up to about 4000rpm and then a big lump of power it was crap. VX220 Turbo pulls strong from about 2000rpm, its still obvious its a turbo engine but its much nicer than most of the turbo stuff ive been in.

Cool thats what i like to hear so the boost is through more of the rev range rather than 1 little bit and with it being more like that the rear traction should also be a little better and not a handful to drive quickly Nice 1
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send the car to joe and lee (JL Performance) on vx220.org 3.5k later you will have a 240bhp stage 2 supercharged car.

Hammer

13th Sep 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try one first, I've always loved them then went a test drive. Felt claustrophobic, it felt extremely crashy over bumps and for the money you're paying unless you're going to track it or use it solely for b road's I think you would get annoyed with it.

That being said they are lovely looking and they go well. Just depends what you want or need from a car.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 11 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually find them a nice comfy drive on any road.

crashyness is most likley old bilstein suspension, its horrible!
ianofbhills

14th Sep 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got taken out for a pax lap at a track day in a vx220 turbo. It was a totally standard car other then the 16/17 wheel combo with kumho ku31 tyres and a mild remap to something like 245bhp.

It probbably helped that the driver of the car could drive really well but we were the fastest thing on the track and the grip through the corners was absolutely immense.

Made me think why am i pissing about with my xe corsa b when this is actually what i want straight out of the crate.
I cant afford one though but i love them.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall vx220 2.2 22 database queries in 0.0159841 seconds