corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance day mind fu*k

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance day mind fu*k
Matt L

User status: Offline
14th Sep 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right... basically... i reversed into a parked car back in June (stupid i know)... anyway... did a few quotes back in June to see how a claim would affect my insurance, i based it on 1.5k worth of damage as i though that was silly expensive repairs for what little damage there was.

basically quotes came back at £2.5k was the cheapest (paying £700ish atm) so was a stupid price.

so then rang insurance company back to see what would happen if i paid them back for any damage, they said it wouldnt show up as a claim so wouldnt affect insurance policy... so there i was thinking ahhh this may not be so bad....

fast forward 3 months...

called insurance company back to get an update as they hadnt heard back off the 3rd party when i last rang (last month). They have now heard from them and the total cost was a massive.....

£3k THE ACTUAL FUNK i want to go and work where ever they had the work done as the labour was £1155 alone parts were £318 and hire car was most of the rest (mine and his).

anywho... so here i am left thinking funk me do i pay £3k and save over insurance over the next few years (assuming that the insurance quotes would be riduculous as when i first tried id only based it on £1.5k damage so i would only assume that insurance would now be like £5million or something equally riduculous...

no insurance quote is now only £1k with 0years claims + 1 at fault claim worth £3k how the actual funk does that work out
Adam_B

14th Sep 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think the actual cost of the claim affects your insurance price, I had one that was about 50k a few years ago and my policy only went up a couple of hundred quid.
Eddx14xe

14th Sep 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you drive into a maybach with a hummer or something? That labour is price is massive.
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He had the whole car resprayed tbh.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Did you drive into a maybach with a hummer or something? That labour is price is massive.
A Jag iirc.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
FAZ
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50k adam, what the funk?
Matt L

14th Sep 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
A Jag iirc.

yup old jag by old i mean like 02 plate or something think it was an x type estate

adam 50k funking hell.
adiohead

14th Sep 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sue someone or something, for christ's sake!
Ben G

14th Sep 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the actual cost of the claim doesn't affect your insurance premium.

i played around with the figures and it didn't come to any more if i put a higher number in.

let the insurance sort it out and pay a few hundred quid more on insurance for the next few years.

1k on insurance is better than paying 3k to repair someones car.
Matt L

14th Sep 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
the actual cost of the claim doesn't affect your insurance premium.

i played around with the figures and it didn't come to any more if i put a higher number in.

let the insurance sort it out and pay a few hundred quid more on insurance for the next few years.

1k on insurance is better than paying 3k to repair someones car.

well thats what im thinking now as if i didnt pay it id only save my self £400ish so seems pointless paying it, was just shocked at a) the cost of his repairs when there was a small dent no bigger than my fist (small girly hands) although tbf did need both doors to be resprayed lolz but still quite expensive.

and b) the insurance could drop 1.5k over 3months.
Conway563

14th Sep 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go through insurance Matt
Matt L

14th Sep 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Just go through insurance Matt

i am dont worry
Brett
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ, don't go paying out £3k to the insurance company, are you daft?
harrisp

14th Sep 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine crashed into someones car, and was going to pay it off instead of going through his insurance and the the hire car for 8 weeks came to over £4k for a wanky peugeot estate. ( I reckon the owner of the car knows someone at a car hire place)
The actual repair only took 2 weeks but the rest of the time was waiting for parts.
Brett
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 week repair? My god, what were they doing, building him a new car? Surely it's just a case of bolting on new panels then spraying? Why do these things take so long?
Eddx14xe

14th Sep 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also cant see a bodyshop having a car sat there for 6 weeks while they are waiting for parts or why they would have to wait 6 weeks in the first place.
adiohead

14th Sep 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would investigate this further, and then sue
harrisp

14th Sep 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
2 week repair? My god, what were they doing, building him a new car? Surely it's just a case of bolting on new panels then spraying? Why do these things take so long?

Had to go on a jig and new suspension parts and they would have other jobs on too.

quote:
I also cant see a bodyshop having a car sat there for 6 weeks while they are waiting for parts or why they would have to wait 6 weeks in the first place.

It happens, they do have cars sat there for weeks. I don't know about the parts taking so long, its just what my mate was told.

[Edited on 14-09-2011 by harrisp]
Seany

14th Sep 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone hit my mums 206cc, ended up having to wait 4 weeks on a door coming from France. Had a courtesy car for over 5 weeks altogether.
harrisp

14th Sep 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a brand new peugeot he hit.
shaunmods
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Courtesy car will be whats bumped it up matt
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bodyshops are almost as bad as the insurance companies.

My clio was hit last year in a layby. Scratched the front and rear bumpers up basically.

It was picked up and tralered to the bodyshop, I had a courtesy car, Car came back with brand spanking new front and rear bumpers and all the trims etc and was delivered back on a trailer.

EDIT: And it was gone for about a month.

[Edited on 14-09-2011 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Brett
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a quote the other day for a car, I put in all my genuine details and did a search to get my price. I then edited the quote and put the registered keepers address as a remote log cabin in Scotland, but I put my genuine postcode for the place where the car will be kept overnight. It was almost bang on half the price
AndyCorsaSport

14th Sep 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear in mind for Labour, bodyshops are expensive.

My work charges out £30 per hour (which is pretty cheap) where as main dealers are usually £100+ per hour.

For example, we had a customer bring us an Audi Q7 to change the headlight bulb, took me around 10/15 mins, plus the price of a standard bulb. Audi wanted £90+ VAT.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance day mind fu*k 23 database queries in 0.0153799 seconds