corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redline Magazine Finished

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redline Magazine Finished
Mertin

User status: Offline
16th Sep 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken from Facebook:

After Archies post the other month about saving redline, and them getting 7000+ people liking their Facebook page theyve got 2 more issues (20th Sept and then final issure on 22nd Oct)

So what magazines are left now apart from ones specific to Manufacturers and the likes of Evo. Just Fast Car or is this gone aswell?
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A FB page was never going to save them, even if it had 1million likes. People should go out and buy it or subscribe.
Generation

16th Sep 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must cost abit after all stuff they were giving away at trax
Mertin

16th Sep 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
A FB page was never going to save them, even if it had 1million likes. People should go out and buy it or subscribe.

Only way it wouldve maybe helped was making people aware of what features were in the magazine coming up so buying it, and to make the public aware that they were potentially going to stop publishing
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guarantee this will happen to all of them soon enough. Fast Car will be next, then all the rest will follow.

What they need to do it become a proper internet only thing, like Speedhunters or Buildthreads.com

Either that or in a similar way to Pixelmags on the iPad, that's fantastic.

The magazine is dead IMO.
Neo

16th Sep 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internet killed the magazine imo. Back in the 90's the only way to find out about new trends, interesting builds etc was to buy a mag, now you can go to buildthreads.com and see something more impressive with more detail and input from the person actually building it rather than a second hand write up.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, everything is available online weeks before the magazine comes out, and can cover things in far more detail.
spikedjack

16th Sep 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Internet killed the magazine imo. Back in the 90's the only way to find out about new trends, interesting builds etc was to buy a mag, now you can go to buildthreads.com and see something more impressive with more detail and input from the person actually building it rather than a second hand write up.
sc0ott

16th Sep 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The internet will also kill music CD's, and quite possibly DVDs.
MarkSport

16th Sep 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Times change, magazines like that mainly focused on fiesta with body kits and the occasional skyline with silly bhp. nobody wants to read about half the stuff in them. I only ever bought them if i was going on a train long distance or something like that, now if im doing that i buy total vauxhall
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the future - http://pixelmags.com/

And blogging in the same way it already is being done
Ben G

16th Sep 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I guarantee this will happen to all of them soon enough. Fast Car will be next, then all the rest will follow.

What they need to do it become a proper internet only thing, like Speedhunters or Buildthreads.com

Either that or in a similar way to Pixelmags on the iPad, that's fantastic.

The magazine is dead IMO.

i don't know about you but in work, it's easier for me to read something on paper than on a phone.

also an ipad in work would get destroyed.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but intenet based Ben, it'd work perfectly. If you could buy a magazing for £3 (which you can with pixelmags) and read it whenever you wanted, with imbedded adverts, videos and hyperlinks, as well as being fully zoomable and in higher dpi than a printed version, what's to go wrong?
sc0ott

16th Sep 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose if you get a feature on pixelmags you will need to either print off the pages or sit your pc, laptop, ipad on your dashboard at car meets to prove its featured.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other news, my car is getting featured in the next issue of fast car
sc0ott

16th Sep 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the reason why no one buys them anymore.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha
Ben G

16th Sep 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, but intenet based Ben, it'd work perfectly. If you could buy a magazing for £3 (which you can with pixelmags) and read it whenever you wanted, with imbedded adverts, videos and hyperlinks, as well as being fully zoomable and in higher dpi than a printed version, what's to go wrong?

read it on a phone/ipad? no can do. very hard to read text on a small screen. much easier to have it larger so i can just glane at it and instantly read it.

Russ

16th Sep 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo is a fantastic magazine. Feels much better reading print then staring at a screen.
Jambo

16th Sep 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo is great. I'm a Chris Harris fan. I like print but the convinience (and cost!) of digital mags is easily better.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, I agree on a phone but on an iPad or in a slightly different format on a PC, it's better than in print. PVW this month is better on iPad than paper IMO, if there was a PC format which worked in the same way, for the same price, it'd be huge, and I'm sure it'd work for other mags, especially if there were videos in the features too.
Ojc

16th Sep 11 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Jesus wept, but in all honesty that is fantastic because even though I know everything you have done from start to finish if I was reading a mag I'd rather be looking at yours than a fucking Golf with stupid camber and wrong offset wheels and some twat thats stickerbombed the dash
jrneedo

16th Sep 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Jesus wept, but in all honesty that is fantastic because even though I know everything you have done from start to finish if I was reading a mag I'd rather be looking at yours than a fucking Golf with stupid camber and wrong offset wheels and some twat thats stickerbombed the dash

(running to the car to de-stickerbomb the dash)...NOT

everything moves on...just gotta keep up with it!
Jambo

16th Sep 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Very true
Ben G

16th Sep 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ben, I agree on a phone but on an iPad or in a slightly different format on a PC, it's better than in print. PVW this month is better on iPad than paper IMO, if there was a PC format which worked in the same way, for the same price, it'd be huge, and I'm sure it'd work for other mags, especially if there were videos in the features too.

probably, but as i work on a production line, and ipad would break in 5 minutes and i can't carry a pc around

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redline Magazine Finished 22 database queries in 0.1740639 seconds