corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Fan Boys---- talk to me

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honda Fan Boys---- talk to me
AK

User status: Offline
24th Sep 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always wanted a Integra typeR (DC2 or 5, prefer 5 these days) or an EK9 typeR.

I dont really like the breadvan civics but that saloon style JDM Civic isnt bad.

Prices..... Specs... engines...

It would be purely for track as I wouldnt be seen dead in one on a daily basis (or the bloody noise)

Whats the best handling?
Whats the best performance wise?
Whats the most economical (not MPG but cheap to tune/buy bits)
What engines fit in what? i.e does a K20 (or whatever is in the DC5) just drop in the EK9?

Which versions comes with LSD's as standard? Are these diffs any use on track ... what type of diffs are they (torque biasing, plate etc)

I drove a track prepped DC2 last month..... whilst it felt flat as a pancake I'd imagine it would be fun on track

These are the cars I like...... tell me the best engines to go with them

yes yes

DC5's - can be had for sub 8k??
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love DC2's, that last DC5 looks immense. Eck is a vat of knowledge when it comes to Hondas, he'll answer everything when he sees the thread
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid 3k for a standard DC2 with slightly rough bodywork, your right they're pretty slow but it's the way it handles I love, no good for you, but it's great on country roads it really soaks up the bumps with the standard suspension. The diff is very mild compaired to the Quaife I had in my Corsa.

The DC2 is meant to be the purest drivers car. Also the UKDM Integra is cheaper than the JDM one pictured.
AK

24th Sep 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UK DC2 has the round twin headlights?
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah.
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My one.
gazza808

24th Sep 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best engine for any of them is k20, or any hybrid k20-k24 etc.
AK

24th Sep 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the UK ITR (DC2) even have a LSD ? For some reason I always thought the standard LSD's came with the JDM cars
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, the integra does. But the UK Civic's don't.
Mieran

24th Sep 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 90% sure the UK DC2 doesn't have a LSD.

If it was me I would go for a JDM DC2 but one that has more power than standard, i.e. supercharged or turbo'd.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to what Eck told me last week the UK DC2 doesn't have a diff, the JDM version does.

Ash_EP3

24th Sep 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wouldn't be seen dead in one for a daily driver!? there are much worse cars out there

EK9 = B16B 185bhp & 118lbs/ft of Torque , LSD, recaro's
DC2 = B18C 187bhp & 128lbs/ft (uk), 197bhp & 128lbs/ft (JDM), LSD, recaro's etc...
DC5 = K20A 217bhp & 152lbs/ft, LSD, recaro's etc...
FD2 (saloon shaped civic) = K20A 224bhp & 159lbs/ft, LSD, recaro's etc...

All very hardcore track focused cars compared to your average hatchback or even a hot-hatch...

Problem with the earlier integra's and Civics is that the B series engine is getting on a bit now and I think you'd find the lack of torque a big problem... not so much of a problem with the DC5 or FD2 though...

Can someone please post a pic of a breadvan against an ep3 as I'm still yet to see the relation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Type_R

I do have a soft spot for those FD2's but they are quite pricey
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
According to what Eck told me last week the UK DC2 doesn't have a diff, the JDM version does.

Yes it does, both wheels spin in the wet, and I did a little 11 on the grass at Combe when I nearly got stuck on a wet bit. It's even got a sticker on the back window saying LSD.

[Edited on 24-09-2011 by corsadonk]
AK

24th Sep 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both wheels spinning on a surface with no/little grip isnt a sign that it has an LSD
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every bit of info you could ever need on there Adam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UK DC2 DOES have a LSD

UK DC2 will be the best shout for cheap fun on track

I know you dont like the Breadvans but they would also be a cheap route

3k for a older one chuck 2-3k at it and it would eat DC5's

But if you dont mind paying a premium the DC5 integra would be the one to have
>most power out the box
>LSD
>lighter (although probably doesnt matter if your pulling bits off)
> Hydraulic power steering (much better feel then the electric in the ep3's etc)

Try and find one that already has a few toys

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
both wheels spinning on a surface with no/little grip isnt a sign that it has an LSD

On a open diff, just one wheel will spin, and you can feel difference, will LSD.
Jambo

24th Sep 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My vote is ek9 for rarity and pure paaaaaaaaarp paaaaaaaaaaaarp paaaaaaaaaaaar paaaaaaaaaa factor
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
My vote is ek9 for rarity and pure paaaaaaaaarp paaaaaaaaaaaarp paaaaaaaaaaaar paaaaaaaaaa factor

As much as I love them and how amazing that 1.6 is I just couldnt bring myself to pay the money that they still command

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
niallb123

24th Sep 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ek9 all day long unreal handlin wee cars.
gez bay

24th Sep 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcnBy04OZGw
AK

24th Sep 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
Originally posted by AK

On a open diff, just one wheel will spin, and you can feel difference, will LSD.

I know what a diff does......

my old Corsa 1.4 16v would leave 11's on loose gravel..... it did not have an LSD.

11's seem to be a popular term just now
sc0ott

24th Sep 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find an ek9 with a k20 (or above) engine.
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 11 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
Originally posted by AK

I know what a diff does......

my old Corsa 1.4 16v would leave 11's on loose gravel..... it did not have an LSD.

11's seem to be a popular term just now

Ok, when I go round a 90 left in second boot it, it turns in and grips. But my TD Corsa spins one wheel and understeers.

I'd still say a UK DC2 is your best bet.
MJ

24th Sep 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the jdm DC2. Yes they are more power than a uk model but with the jdm manifold the power will be near enough the same. jdm models tend to be a little lighter as the uk models always came with power stearing, abs and airbags. but ALL dc2s has the LSD as standard. A few have gone to dc5 before and then gone back to the dc2 and the drive is much more involved. on the track they are great cars. you can pick up a uk model for arround 3k that you couyld they strip and a new manifold and exhaust and you would be happy. there are lots of performance parts out there for them, and the suspension can be fine tuned with the use of a camber kit. Take a look here http://www.hondas-on-track.com/ regarding tracking a honda.

Cheers MJ

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Fan Boys---- talk to me 23 database queries in 0.0173151 seconds