corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Couple of Questions about my Corsa Sport 1.4 B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of Questions about my Corsa Sport 1.4 B
L33

User status: Offline
8th Oct 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, so I have just got me a Corsa B Sport 1.4 and just want a bit of info really...

First thing, its been lowered 60mm, its a rough ride. TBH, I have started to play "Dodge the Manhole cover" even at the risk of nearly crashing as its a spine breaker. Being the first lowered car Iv ever driven I just want to know if this is normal?

Second, Iv owned a 8Valve SRI in the past and a 1.6 Tigra and even a MK4 1.6 Astra SXI. Now this car chuffin' flies, Id say its on par with the Tigra and thrashes the Astra. I cant believe its only a 1.4. It does have a performance exhaust but I don't believe that would make so much difference. My point is where is the Engine number located so I can check whether its a 1.4 or a 1.6? What am I looking for also? Is there an easier way of telling (Other than logbook, thats obvious lol)? Maybe Im just being thick and it is a 1.4 but it dont half shift, I don't believe there's much on the road that would out accelerate it lol.

Last thing, going back to what i typed earlier, Iv owned two cars with Ecotec engines. Now this Corsa has a wierd like Plastic thing on the front right corner of the engine, it looks like what I can only describe as a Plastic turbo lol, it has a type of filter on it, its black and has a pipe that runs to a metal valve type disk thing in the middle front of the engine. It came on and the fan in it started spinning yesterday when the car was parked idling for 5mins, sounds like a hair dryer lol, kinda looks like one too, haha, one of them old 60's hair dryers Ha. WTF is it??? Iv never seen owt like it, I just hope its a normal part of the engine and not one of these dodgy Cheap electric superchargers you can buy on Ebay as I dont want my engine Knackering!

Too anybody bothered to read/answer these question thanks lots!
Ricky352

8th Oct 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be a rough ride if its on 60mm springs and standard shocks.

Your 1.6 Tigra uses the same engine as the 1.6 Corsa, but the 1.4s do go well. I'm not sure how to tell by looking tho, ive only had a 1.4. They have 88bhp and 103 bhp or round abouts.

Phillips_91

8th Oct 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly welcome

being down 60mm yes it's pretty much normal to be a spine breaker, if you want it more confortable raise it to 40 mm

and the platic thing is your secondary air inlet, its designed to warm up the cat when you first start the car, you can just bin it off and blank off the resulting hole in the manifold
corsadonk
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The hairdryer blows extra air into your exhaust to warm up the cat.

If you look at the engine on the right, you should be able to see a flat section, on the block next to the gear box, that will tell you the engine number. X14XE???????.

Get rid of the hair dryer, fit a 4-1 exhaust manifold, a power box and blank off the EGR. Then it will go much better.
Ricky352

8th Oct 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

Get rid of the hair dryer, fit a 4-1 exhaust manifold, a power box and blank off the EGR. Then it will go much better.

Power boxes really do make such a difference, well worth it.
L33

8th Oct 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet. Thanks guys, all great answers,you have told me everything I wanted to know.

Ill have a look tomorrow, wife's got the car at work now till 10. She hates it by the way, spends half her time bouncing up and down (On the drivers seat you dirty lot lol) then the other half not daring to take it above 2000RPM for fear of anybody hearing the Exhaust lol. Shes a bit embarrased by it.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I guess ill have to stick some pics on here when I get a minute. Was a memeber of the Corsa forum but theres either only two members or they're just a miserable lot as I sent a few posts out and didnt get any replies other than another poor sod who were new...I guess he'd got lonely lol.
Ricky352

8th Oct 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate get some pics up and stick around, a lot of people on here will have helpful info etc for you.
Phillips_91

9th Oct 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L33
She hates it by the way

Tell her to by her own
L33

11th Oct 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here she is...

TBH the missus has put her foot down now and says shes sick of the exhaust and bumpy ride so Im looking to hopefully swap her for something small and practical. Got her listed on swaps so well see how she does. Besides its a bit fast for me I find myself tanking it everwhere lol. Iv already flipped a car on its roof and back over a year ago, dont want to have another accident.
DanCobb

11th Oct 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks clean as fuck!
L33

12th Oct 11 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanielJamieCobb
Looks clean as fuck!

It is mate, cant fault it, it has done 108k but it sounds and runs like a car with half the mileage. It has a stack of history, had no expense spared really. Only fault it that there is the bit of bubbling on the boot but really thats probably nothing.

New Poll