corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Those with Private plate's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Those with Private plate's
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
12th Oct 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does it work swapping these over.

I'm swapping car with someone this weekend but he has a private plate and wants to swap it onto my car, hows the best way to go about this? I want to take the car this weekend and dont wanna mess about too much.

He said something about when we swap he keeps both v5's swaps it over then sends me mine, i'm not overly keen on doing it that way obviously
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Oct 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't do it without one of you being out of pocket for some time.

Form is V317

Either do one before the sale and you will get his plate on your car before you sell him it, or after and you will get the plate on his car which is now yours and then could keep it if you wished.

Needs some trust.

[Edited on 12-10-2011 by Ian]
ajscorsa

12th Oct 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's giving me £100 with his car I might suggest I take his private plate and swap it over then once thats done he gives me the £100
big eck

12th Oct 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you can do is take the v5 to the dvla that day and swap the plate over at the same time as you change the name on the v5. That way you can change the plates there and then and the v5 comes back with the new plate and owner on it in one go.
ajscorsa

12th Oct 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you done it before eck does it take long?
big eck

12th Oct 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have mate. I've done it with all the cars I've had. Like I say if you do it that day you swap the plates there and then and the v5 goes to the new owners with all the names, addesses and plates changed over. It usually take about 2-3 weeks for the v5 to come in the post. The tax disc and mot is changed that day as well. Remember and take them as they can't do it without.
big eck

12th Oct 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll cost him £80 to swap the plate over mind.

[Edited on 12-10-2011 by big eck]
ajscorsa

12th Oct 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats his problem not mine lol

Think I might do that then. then its all done and dusted that day
Norcy91

12th Oct 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to keep the new keepers supplement to the dvla on the V5 instead of letting him take it though, I had to do this when changing my plate off a car i sold. They wouldn't do it without it
nathy_87

14th Oct 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I did, was on the V317 form (i think) i put the new guys address on the form so DVLA could send the v5 (orignal plates) to him and i kept the right for my private plates. It's all about trust.
ck1234_2010

14th Oct 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
What you can do is take the v5 to the dvla that day and swap the plate over at the same time as you change the name on the v5. That way you can change the plates there and then and the v5 comes back with the new plate and owner on it in one go.

i dont think you can do this mate. when i was going to swap my car i contacted the DVLA and asked if there was any ways around it, the women there explained that the v5c has to go direct to the dvla office in swansea?

either that or the women from the dvla doesnt no what shes on about...
big eck

14th Oct 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ck1234_2010
quote:

i dont think you can do this mate. when i was going to swap my car i contacted the DVLA and asked if there was any ways around it, the women there explained that the v5c has to go direct to the dvla office in swansea?

You 100% can mate. Done it on my last 2 cars now.
Norcy91

14th Oct 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah you can do this, exactly what i did with mine. Unless ck1234... thinks you mean you brought your updated V5 back with you the same day.
ck1234_2010

14th Oct 11 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah you can do this, exactly what i did with mine. Unless ck1234... thinks you mean you brought your updated V5 back with you the same day.

thank you for that mate. the dvla office isnt too far from me either so il do that when the time comes.

women from the dvla obviously didnt understand what i was asking or she was being awkward.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Those with Private plate's 22 database queries in 0.0147200 seconds