corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tuning a 1.6 sport engine to its full potential??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tuning a 1.6 sport engine to its full potential??
DannyE2010

User status: Offline
24th Oct 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello,ive purchesed a 1.6 sport conversion and whant to no haw to get it runnin big bhp?

from what i no of

4-2-1 manifold
vx inlet manifold
decat/straight through system
map
camshafts

what rough estimate would you achive from this please everyone?

thanks
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definetly not to it's full potential but would see some good gains without doing turbo/throttlebodies/carbs etc etc.

Don't see why you wouldn't see about 125/130 bhp from it ( someone may correct me )

also I'm not sure but don't think u can map the ecu.. Or it might be just that there's no point ( again someone may correct me )

I had 4-2-1, de-cat and Courtney sport panel filter on mine and it went well. Also had the f15 cr gear box.
DannyE2010

24th Oct 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suppose it would go well 130bhp, well for a 1.6 with simple mods, thanks forthe help,would head skim and ported justify the price on a 1.6?
joeseth17

24th Oct 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it depend what you want really, if you want a fast 16 then thats fair enuf but for the prices your going to pay to tune it you could get an xe for half of the price and be just as fast. throttle bodies and standalone management give the best gains for a 16 but its a lot of money to go down that route.
DannyE2010

24th Oct 11 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a redtop with fast road cams,4-2-1,power cap,and a chipped ecu and to be honest it didnt impress me pulled about a car to a car and a half on a fiesta st!! few people have redtops around here and none of thhem are impressive,personally i think a redtop will be fast is asif you bore it out to a 2.1 tb's or turbo i could be wrong but around my ways they dont impress people there again they could be bad engines,thanks for the comment mate
philip2

24th Oct 11 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent 4.5k on my c16xe, ended up splitting it the other week, but tjat was built for near 200bhp @ fly.

Send me a few thousand and ill sell u all the parts needed to build a proper engine. And tbh some xes are good and some are shite. A mates old xe made 184bhp with a rebuild, ported head, decat, superchip and powercap. Just got to know what parts to fit and what to do when building the engine.
DannyE2010

25th Oct 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow all that out of a1.6 bet that shifted,what kind of mods did you have bigger pistons bore or what?ye could be rite about the redtops haha
philip2

26th Oct 11 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt ever get a figure, had 2 oil pumps with dodgy relief valves, but had: rods, forged pistons, ported c16 head, spring platform, catcam springs, steel caps, 280dur cams with 11mm lift, kent verniers, sbd type ex manifold, r1 bike carbs

New Poll