corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x14xe to x16xe?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe to x16xe?
Jonny.K

User status: Offline
27th Oct 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much of a power difference and what differences are there is it just a larger head lol not entirely sure on this
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Oct 11 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

90 to 106

Bore is different I think.
johnhara1

27th Oct 11 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's not much difference between the 2, stick a 2.0 in.
Liam-Wilko

28th Oct 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is verry little difference to the extent were you can run a x16xe from a x14xe ecu ect
Ricky352

28th Oct 11 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
there is verry little difference to the extent were you can run a x16xe from a x14xe ecu ect

Yeah but it won't run properly, it will hit the limiter at 5k revs etc.

If your thinking if doing a conversion from the 14 to the 16 I wouldn't bother, I'd just fit a powerbox and exhaust to the 1.4.
Liam-Wilko

28th Oct 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done the exact conversion from a 1400 16v to a 1600 16v and it use to limit as normal just had a flat spot betwen 5.5 and 6k revs lol and ecu light was always on but other than that it ran mint (i wouldnt do it agen ) only reson i done the conversion was due to my old 1400 snaped timing belt and bent all valves and i payed next to nothing for the 1600 lump
Ricky352

28th Oct 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
i done the exact conversion from a 1400 16v to a 1600 16v and it use to limit as normal just had a flat spot betwen 5.5 and 6k revs lol and ecu light was always on but other than that it ran mint (i wouldnt do it agen ) only reson i done the conversion was due to my old 1400 snaped timing belt and bent all valves and i payed next to nothing for the 1600 lump

My mate was having problems with his 1.6 ECU so went for a replacement. After driving home he realised it wesn't running right, took it back and turned out they had fitted a 1.4 one instead.

Unless I've got my details wrong, suppose it was a couple of years ago now.
Liam-Wilko

28th Oct 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol it is a possisbility but i wasnt going to get the 1600 cos i thaught that would happen so i asked on hear back in 2008 and got loads of feed back so done it and was fine just the flat spot witch was a pain lmao
Jonny.K

28th Oct 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about the throttle bodies are the 1.6 one and inlets different i.e larger on th 1.6 n would it run with th 1.4?
Liam-Wilko

28th Oct 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just think the bore is a little bigger to give the extra gains i knowe the inlet man from the 1400 fits direct to the 1600 so i would imagine they are the same
AlexW

28th Oct 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inlets are same, as is exhaust, Head is same, Even the head gaskets are the same unless you get lucky with a 1400 one that is the correct bore.

The bore size and stroke are different, Conrods are same but the pistons and crank are different.

I went from a powerbox'ed 1.4 to 1.6 and I do enjoy the extra torque it has low down, I wouldn't do it if it wasn't a cheap 1600.
Jed D

28th Oct 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv drove both without a power box and the 1.6 deffinatly feels a lot faster, you just get bored of them after a while

[Edited on 28-10-2011 by JedDy]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x14xe to x16xe? 22 database queries in 0.0164950 seconds