corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any E39 owners?(BMW content)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any E39 owners?(BMW content)
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Oct 11 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought an E39 recently, and i do really miss my bass

Currently i have the business CD player and almost no base.

I am not too bothered about having dvd player/mp3 etc, as I listen to radio quite a lot.

I want to know my options for getting some bass.

From what i have found so far there are two routes:

1)get one of them adapters that connect from speakers into amp? not keen

2)Buy genuine bmw sub and amp. - would be ideal, however i can't seem to find sub anywhere. I have seen one but that was sold outside of ebay within a day. So I dont really know how much they cost? Amps should be easy to get as there are a few on ebay but their prices seem to vary a lot. Probably will need extra wiring?

Your thoughts?
Jambo

28th Oct 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breakers, E39 with kit you need.

Fabdirect where quite helpful to me.
l15ter

28th Oct 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get an adapter, cost about £10, had one in my last car and have just fitted one in my new car. there not to bad if u want a little bit of bass, but saved me a lot of money.
Fro

28th Oct 11 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get the sub and amp wired up will be a ball ache if its HK gear as you may need to replace everything, I know this is the case with the HK gear in the mini's and I believe E46's.

Not too sure on the E39's however.
sand-eel

29th Oct 11 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best bet is just to buy a cheap headunit.
...and plug in sub/amp obviously.

[Edited on 29-10-2011 by sand-eel]
j10E W

29th Oct 11 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard e39 set up is shit, very poor
they did do a optional stereo uprade which is quite rare and a pig to retro fit alot of new wiring loom etc,sub built in to the shelf irrc
in mine, i did have the sat nav screen though, so all the gubbins for it was in the boot, i just had a speaker line converter to rca i think there called? with a vibe sub and amp combo was the easiest to get abit of bass in the car so all the wiring for it was hidden just in the boot area it wasnt great at all,

best bet would be to change the head unit but aftermarket head unit in any bmw looks shit i think

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any E39 owners?(BMW content) 22 database queries in 0.0081270 seconds